The Viewingdale capabilities are, really, quite impressive!
It only takes 112 years to get from Earth to the Lattice! No problem ... esp. when you have medical tech that lets you stay young forever.[/QUOTE]
Whew, I hope you bring some reeeeeeaaaaallllly good reading material
The Viewingdale capabilities are, really, quite impressive!
My Finished Maps
Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
My Tutorials:
Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
----------------------------------------------------------
Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
Should probably take War & Peace along as well...
My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...
Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
I would suggest an unabridged Websters dictionary, and perhaps a few others from different languages. Make it educational as well.
Oh, and probably a copy of PhotoShop CS 52 or Campaign Cartographer 26 so that you can map the cosmos as you zoom along.
That was mindblowing! Fantastic video Redrobes!
Toff: Don't the people in your universe go mad having to spend 112 years with each other on a ship?
And by the end of the trip they can all play 'duelling banjos' !!
If I'm remembering my relativity correctly, the people on earth would measure the time it takes for the ship to travel a light year at light speed to be 1 year. However for the people on the ship it would be very little time indeed - vanishing to zero as they reach the speed of light. However you can never reach the speed of light, so really the perceived time would merely get smaller and smaller depending on how close to the speed of light you managed to get.
So actually, forget war and peace - if your tech is really good, you'd best pack a few dvds and then you're there.
This also avoids the ageing issue (apart from the fact that when you arrive back at earth you'll be answering to your former commander's great grandchildren).
Always have to bring hard science in don't ya?! And that is why you are cool! That and the awesome artistic abilities.