Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Western United States

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    I think Victoria seems right to me.?
    It's close, but it should be where the "m" in "Olympus" is. I probably should have said east tip or southeast tip rather than south tip. The southernmost point is an ammunition depot for the navy.

Latest update, thought is was finished, never will be probably can always find slight improvements to make.WesternUSA_19.jpg

Oh, nice! I like that as a finishing touch.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

You're never finished with a good map. I like the artwork on the touristy and scenic places. I don't much like the inappropriate hydrology in California, though ( https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...nia_rivers.jpg shows how they run). The two worst are the Owens/Kern/Salinas/San Benito/Coyote Creek "river" (labeled "Kings") that crosses two mountains ranges just above the "Mojave Desert" label and the Sacramento/Eel/Mad river in the northern San Joaquin valley. The San Joaquin valley is a weird hydrology system because the western side of the Sierra Nevada mountains drains into a big basin with only one outlet: San Francisco Bay. The eastern side of the Sierra Nevada pretty much drains off into endorheic basins in the desert (e.g. Walker Lake, Owens Lake, Mono Lake, the Carson Sink). There is some evidence that there might have been a bit of overflow from the Owens river through the Colorado at the height of the last ice age when water was very high, but it was pretty intermittent at its best.

Folks here at the guild like to coach about oceans finding the sea, and it's a good starting point, but semi-arid and arid mountainous regions are as likely to go with internal drainage and evaporation as they are to get to an ocean.

Nice! I like the style of your map.

Very cool!

I'm running a "Old West" style DnD game, and am using the West coast as my world. Any chance I can get a copy of your map without any text?

Default Western US no text

Sure I'd be honored, I don't do any role playing or DnD games myself and don't understanding half the conversations on this site, but enjoy them never-the-less. Glad I'll be part of it now I can say I've done a DnD game board! Let me know if you need a larger file size or anything , my signature with website/email is at bottom if you send me your email I can upload a large file to you.

Glad you like it. I also left off the state lines, let me know.

WesternUSA_noText.jpg

Nicely done Snodsy! One to be proud of.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Very cool Snodsy! Missed this one earlier on. Great work

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Blog Entries

Excellent artwork!
    This map makes me want to visit those amazing places! Unfortunately I live too far...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast