Yep, seeing that alternate version... I definitely like the yellow labels better.
Lovely work John! I also prefer this last version. And I can immediately picture a good board game with that kind of material!
Yep, seeing that alternate version... I definitely like the yellow labels better.
Thanks Ilanthar.
Diamond - yeah, the yellow/gold definitely reads better and has a much more dominant look to it.
Plus the alternate text kind of blends too much with the ground, so I fully appreciate why they'd want the yellow over the dark text.
Artstation - | - Buy Me a Kofi
Hehe, I was pretty certain it wouldn't have been you who came up with that land mass. I knew you wouldn't be that sloppy. Don't entirely understand why game makers can't go for a broadly accurate depiction of a country, but what can you do?
On the labelling, yes, I can see how the yellow tone is more appropriate, even though I probably like the subtler tone better. I forgot to mention before, but I also like how you've done the sea with the bright coastal areas, and the deeper tones further away from land. It's quite striking and a great contrast to the land.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
Nice work there John! I like how you painted the greens and blues (your "blues" are amazing ) and I like expecially because atm I'm drawing a map of Britain too!
Deviantart: http://tomdigitalgraphics.deviantart.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tommaso_di_giovanni/
Um, I'm not sure of any specific web sites but how are you defining what to include? I mean, are you going with places with a specific legend attached (for ex, somewhere like Loch Ness) or is it more general (e.g. are you including famous castles, battle sites etc?)
There are sooooo many historically significant places in the UK. Just wondering what your criteria is to help you find info.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"