Oof, those crystals are just delicious. Hitting one of my favorite color tropes there!
I do agree it started out a bit dark. Though, sometimes it is kinda hard to make it lighter when you realize it is too dark. BUT, this time it proved to be a bit easier. I'll see about the erosion. Will have to think how to represent it maybe.
And thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here I tweaked several things and added a new Crystal zone. Also, lightened the map a bit
### Latest WIP ###
The Straights of Skiette_v9.jpeg
~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~
My web novels
Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
~ Psalm 19
Oof, those crystals are just delicious. Hitting one of my favorite color tropes there!
Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels. No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!
I like the "claws" coming from these mountains. They look pretty ominous!
My web novels
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ Psalm 19
Hey everyone!
Today, I wanted to do the title, compass and a few labels. I'm quite happy with how it came out. Though I would ask about the Stough Gulf Refuge, too weird a name or what do you think?
### Latest WIP ###
The Straights of Skiette_v11.jpeg
My web novels
~ Psalm 19
Helloa!
For this update I wanted to add the prospect of a few different creatures across some islands. I wanted to trees, but realized the painterly style really did not suit it all that well. At least I have not yet found a way to do them without breaking the theme.
Aside from that, there are several tweaks and changes going on. I would like to hear your thoughts on the current progress.
I hope this lockdown has stirred up some good new imagination in you all. I find it to be focused on possibilities and hope to keep at bay that old enemy, fear. I like to give it a few stomps every now and then.
Hope you enjoy the new update.
### Latest WIP ###
The Straights of Skiette_v14.jpeg
Let's see if I can post the creatures separately without them taking the thumbnail spot of the map:
Last edited by XCali; 03-27-2020 at 07:42 AM.
My web novels
~ Psalm 19
Love the new creatures!!
My Battlemaps Gallery http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...p?albumid=3407
Looking great! I have one bit of constructive criticism: It's "Straits," not "Straights." A "straight" is a series of cards in ascending order in poker. A "strait" is a narrow body of water joining two larger bodies of water.
Glad you like them!
Seriously, thank you! I totally missed that.
-------------------------------------------------
Here I corrected that little error and tweaked a few things.
### Latest WIP ###
The Straits of Skiette_v15.jpeg
If a Mod sees this. Please change the "Straights" in the title to "Straits"
My web novels
~ Psalm 19
Really digging that color scheme.
GW
One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.
Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
Current Main Challenge WIP : None
Completed Maps : Various Challenges