Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [WIP] Colouring Dullvo

Nice job on the coloring! Concerning the border, for me, it's just too wide if you're not adding things, nothing more. It's looking great anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Nice job on the coloring! Concerning the border, for me, it's just too wide if you're not adding things, nothing more. It's looking great anyway.
    Thanks Ilanthar! Yes, I agree with the border being too wide. For the next update I'll narrow it a little.

-Dan

The border to me has too much contrast in it, itself, the light, brighter forms are too stark, especially along the left towards the top. Also on my monitor, it looks a little too pinkish. I'd even try a solid color or overlay a solid color with some transparency to keep a little textural feel.

OK since I'm getting picky, not crazy about the hand written type - but that just me. Some of the trees seem to float, but once you put the shadows in, that would solve that.

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    The border to me has too much contrast in it, itself, the light, brighter forms are too stark, especially along the left towards the top. Also on my monitor, it looks a little too pinkish. I'd even try a solid color or overlay a solid color with some transparency to keep a little textural feel.

OK since I'm getting picky, not crazy about the hand written type - but that just me. Some of the trees seem to float, but once you put the shadows in, that would solve that.
    Thanks for clearing it out! I had already changed the parchment texture to a more subtle one, so the stark spots are fixed I think. The text was all drawn by hand so that's just my handwriting you don't like ;P

I have tried doing shadows but the results didn't look any good so I'll just have to look for a tutorial for that.

Here's just the new texture, nothing else.

Dullvo Colour 4.jpg

-Dan

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Sweeet!
    Beautiful piece. I love the colour palate very much. Really warm.

Looks great Daniel. Nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd Drwg View Post
    Sweeet!
    Beautiful piece. I love the colour palate very much. Really warm.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Looks great Daniel. Nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks guys!

This is a gorgeous map! It has a very calming/relaxing feeling about it. Really makes me want to visit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12