Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oct 2016 Challenge: Vampiric Star Ship

Thanks, Bogie!

Here's the lower deck of the Spectre Beetle class Armed Scout bio-hybrid star ship, genetically engineered and grown in FiveCorp laboratories. This ship of course has contracted vampirism. The fore end of the deck contains cargo bay doors, and a large cargo bay with grating placed above fleshy floor to protect from damage by cargo containers. The central area of the deck is the biological organs of the ship with a transparent tube allowing access to engineering in aft of ship. Although the gastro-intestinal system serves as maneuver engines for space flight, FTL engines emit a harmful radiation if too close the beetle's organs, so horny protrusions separate the technology jump drives are grafted in and safe from the emissions. Now I need to create the bridge and gunnery deck, then the hull (exoskeleton of the giant beetle).

GP

### Latest WIP ###

cargo-organs-engineering-deck.jpg
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-18-2016 at 03:43 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I still need to create the top deck with the bridge, operations and gunnery sections, however, I decided to create the 3D model of the hull and created a top view, side view and a front view... now its time to do the top deck and complete this deck plan.

GP

### Latest WIP ###

bio-hybrid-hull.jpg
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

The bridge/gunnery deck (top deck) of the Spectre Beetle class Armed Scout star ship is complete. The stairs aft of the bridge console lead up to the gunner's position inside the twin pulse cannon turret. Surrounding the bony internal structure are muscles connecting to the exo-skeleton. Large ganglia connect the brain to those red eyes which can see in many spectrums rivaling advanced tech-based scanners. Those blue cut-out sections in the rear part of exo-skeleton are hydrogen fuel bladders with fuel processors on the furthest aft end just outside the aft cavity containing the jump drives in the level below it.

I will create all decks and hull perspectives with labeling as a final step to complete my entry for this challenge.

GP

### Latest WIP ###

bridge-gunnery-top-deck.jpg
    DrivethruRPG store

I think I'm done...

Here are all hull views and decks, with a 1 inch square grid. Statistics provided are not for any particular game system.

GP

### Latest WIP ###

vampire-hybrid-ship.jpg
    DrivethruRPG store

Okay, I'm calling this the final version. I added specific text describing the vampiristic aspects of the ship and how it feeds. Done.

GP

### Latest WIP ###

vampire-hybrid-ship.jpg
    DrivethruRPG store

Fixed an error. The red text in the stat block reading "Infected with vampirism", I missed changing the "I" to red and left it white, so I fixed that. Now I'm done for certain...

GP

### Latest WIP ###

vampire-hybrid-ship.jpg
    DrivethruRPG store

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That's looking pretty damn good, GP! I think that might be one of your best, actually.

You know, vampires on a star ship are actually a really cool idea! Sounds like something that should have been on Star Trek at some point, although I can't remember anything of the sort.
    One minor "mistake" (?) that catches my eye is that some of the furniture in the habitat chambers is below the wall layer and some of it is above. It doesn't make a big difference for most of the chambers, but especially in the second chamber in the bottom row it looks a bit weird to me.
    Other than that, great attention to detail, I like it!
    Cartography by Matthias Rothenaicher. Portfolio: Website | DeviantArt

Thanks, Diamond, Bogie, Meshon, and mat_r.

And mat_r, easy fix.

GP

### Latest WIP ###

vampire-hybrid-ship.jpg
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-29-2016 at 01:21 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Member

Wicked! Great color palette and a very interesting take on the challenge! I would definitely feel slightly uneasy if I came aboard this ship...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast