Can you send me the link to your lamp? I am looking for something similiar some time now, but cannot find something decent looking for fair price. I am not drawing by hand but need this for my modeling sessions...
Great job on the map by the way!
For anyone who draws maps by hand, I recommend investing in a lamp with a magnifying glass with switchable optics.
Since I've had it, I've improved the working comfort and detail drawing.
### Latest WIP ###
IMG_20210420_132305_2.jpg
Can you send me the link to your lamp? I am looking for something similiar some time now, but cannot find something decent looking for fair price. I am not drawing by hand but need this for my modeling sessions...
Great job on the map by the way!
https://www.gotronik.pl/lampa-z-lupa...la-p-1470.html
I use this model and 3 lenses (3D, 5D & 8D). I mostly use 3 D magnification, sometimes 5 D, and 8D I use really rarely.
I also found a similar one on amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyamz-Magn...923007&sr=8-14
Meanwhile...
Work is progressing. I have just finished shading the main forest areas.
Now it is time for details and a huge area of Dead Wood & swamps in the north.
Detail
DSCN0224.JPG
### Latest WIP ###
DSCN0239 (2).JPG
General view
Last edited by Impractical Cartographer; 04-24-2021 at 02:19 PM.
All of your maps are absolutely stunning and this one is no exception. I was wondering if you were in contact with the Warhammer crew. If not, please send me a DM, I'd love to introduce you to one of their art director, who knows what could come out of it
Thank you!
I'm not in contact with the Warhammer team. I draw maps mainly for myself and it is more My-Hammer than War-Hammer
### Latest WIP ###
DSCN0248.JPG
Further details. A few more days and I should have this map completed.
Still a delight to see your maps and learn more about your process. I'm definitely interested into a lamp/magnifying glass combo, as I'm in desperate need of a good working lamp, so thanks for the idea and links !
### Latest WIP ###
After one month of drawing the map is finished. Scanning on Tuesday.
end-syl1.jpg
This is probably my best map so far.
But I could draw it better.
I will improve on my next project.