Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jungle Book

Thanks for the comments! I will try to add some variation in the foliage and try to get it to feel more "jungle-like" maybe some spiky shaped edges? don't know how to do vines for this? Maybe some downed trees and some burnt out area? Not sure but know it not there yet.

By Snodsy
    will try to add some variation in the foliage and try to get it to feel more "jungle-like" maybe some spiky shaped edges? don't know how to do vines for this? Maybe some downed trees and some burnt out area? Not sure but know it not there yet.
    Why not all of that ? Spiky edges, vines, downed trees and burnt out areas are just all excellent ideas!

Update, more layers of trees and understory, some downed trees, burnt out forest, a little darker and deeper shadows. I'll keep layering in. Comments welcome. Here's on with no labels or pathways. JungleBook3.jpgJungleBook3noLabels.jpg
    Last edited by snodsy; 01-11-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

My goodness this just keeps getting better and better. Fantastic work! I'm loving all of the little added details.

The variety of trees and the new shadow really do their job ! Well done
    Just a little remark, I guess I preferred the former vivider colors but a dark tone also suits the story.

Please don't take this the wrong way, snodsy - I love the map, but I do think the lighter colours were better. It's gone a bit too grey for me now.

Mind you - you know I've always had a taste for the more vibrant colours

I've always been a fan of your awesome compositions snodsy and they just keep getting better and better! I already said on some of your maps, that "this is my favourite of yours so far" and i'm stunned how you always manage to push it one level further. Fantastic work, keep it up!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Thanks guys and appreciate the honest critique. I've dialed back the ADJUSTMENT LAYER to somewhere between the two a simple change that I can adjust at the end too. I'm add some deeper colors and slightly stronger shadow that will solve my issue with wanted it to seem thicker deeper without desaturating or darkening. Thanks a few more hours still for the details.

The new additions are awesome . I'm usually a fan of desaturated or pale colors, but I agree with the others about the previous colors being more "in accordance" for a Jungle Book map.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12