Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: February 2021 Challenge: Tigana

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    ...though doubtless I won't be able to stop myself from tweaking bits and pieces over the next few days...!
    Ah, I find myself doing that all the time. I'm convinced it is finished, but end up spending hours more on it!

Looking good!

Thanks, Tonquani!

I've finished my corner elements, so I think this will be the final version, unless I spot anything that needs fixed. I had to scale the image size down a little, as I wanted to use the PNG format. I was getting quite bad banding on the gradient in the title area with jpg, and the png looked much better. But, the filesize was over the forum limits, so it had to shrink!

### Latest WIP ###

tigana-final.png
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Apologies for the double post, but it occurred to me that not everyone may be familiar with the map from the book (and I forgot to share it in my first post). So, I've attached the two versions that I've found around the web, just so you can see what I'm basing my map on.

The version on the left is the one in the book. I'm not certain where the one on the right came from. I would have sworn that this one was the book version, but I checked both my book & my Kindle version, and they're both the one on the left, so who knows? The map I shared in the first post in the thread was based on the right hand map. My challenge map is a mix of both.

(I've uploaded this pic in a separate comment to avoid thumbnail scraper issues.)

tigana-book-maps.png
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Beautiful! I love the colors and flowing lines in this piece. Very smooth and soothing.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12