Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: February 2021 Challenge: Ashar Daerora

The ridges you have in there right now look good to me. They seem to fit stylistically, although, the one up to the north (near that bay) might need a little work. Hard to be certain without any other terrain features in there just yet. Regardless, progress looks good, and I am thinking this should be a good one.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Wow, those mountains look really cool!

Mountains look nice, and are beautifully drawn. I suppose if I really had to quibble, the only critique I'd offer is that, overall, the shape of them is very smooth, often like an 's' curve. The one at the bottom right feels a bit more broken up, and it works really well. But this is me really nitpicking. The style of them overall is super nice, and your shading is very well done.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    The ridges you have in there right now look good to me. They seem to fit stylistically, although, the one up to the north (near that bay) might need a little work. Hard to be certain without any other terrain features in there just yet. Regardless, progress looks good, and I am thinking this should be a good one.
    Thanks Greason. I do agree that the ridge you mentioned is the weirdest, if I have the chance I will definitely retouch that one at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonquani View Post
    Wow, those mountains look really cool!
    Thanks Tonquani.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Mountains look nice, and are beautifully drawn. I suppose if I really had to quibble, the only critique I'd offer is that, overall, the shape of them is very smooth, often like an 's' curve. The one at the bottom right feels a bit more broken up, and it works really well. But this is me really nitpicking. The style of them overall is super nice, and your shading is very well done.
    Thanks ChickPea. I do have a big tendency to do clean curved mountain shapes, I'll definitely remenber your feedback in the future. Rigth now for this particular map I don't think I will be able to redo the mountains.

Unfortunately I got a bit of a problem. My laptop broke down on me a few days ago. Luckily it is fixable but the part I need to repair it will take a few weeks to arrive so I don't think it will be working before the end of the challenge.
    Rigth now I'm using my old computer, but it is so old that photoshop wont run, something to do with cpu compatibility but Krita works by some mirracle. I used that software a couple of time before so I don't have to learn everything from scratch.
    I have a huge lag which is very frustrating but it will have to do, and for some reason my colors are way diferent, probably because of the old grafic card.

I was able to recover all the files from my laptop so I can't complain.

Another problem is that the driver I need for the pen of my tablet does not work on the old one. It does recognize the pen but I do not have any kind of preasure sensibility.

When my laptop broke down I had almost all the forests done but one, the one north, I did try to match it to the rest as most as I could but it is far from perfect. Given how slow it is to work and the huge lag I really do not want to redo all the other forest so that they can all match. I'll have to leave it that way.

My concern rigth now is with the text, I remenber when I use krita that placing text was simply bad, but it could be me that just don't know how. Anyways if anyone has any recomendation or advice on that matter I'll be more than happy to ear it.

here is the update:
    ### Latest WIP ###
    forests update.jpg

Guild Adept Facebook Connected EricPoehlsen's Avatar

Uh, looks really nice with those vast forests ...

This is really looking wonderful. Voting is going to be really tough!

This is turning out great! I like the way you do your forests and the whole texture that you got over the map is very pleasant

This is shaping up nicely.

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk
    View my website and Instagram

Amazing work so far Cédric. Sorry to hear your laptop broke down, I hope you can fix it in time to finish this map.
    Have you concidered finishing it with GIMP, it’s less demanding on a CPU (Almost non-demanding) and has a lot of the same functonality as PS?

Quote Originally Posted by EricPoehlsen View Post
    Uh, looks really nice with those vast forests ...
    Thank you EricPoehlsen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonquani View Post
    This is really looking wonderful. Voting is going to be really tough!
    Thank you Tonquani.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelian View Post
    This is turning out great! I like the way you do your forests and the whole texture that you got over the map is very pleasant
    Thank you Dhelian.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiAeon View Post
    This is shaping up nicely.

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk
    Thank you KaiAeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Amazing work so far Cédric. Sorry to hear your laptop broke down, I hope you can fix it in time to finish this map.
    Have you concidered finishing it with GIMP, it’s less demanding on a CPU (Almost non-demanding) and has a lot of the same functonality as PS?
    Thank you Marc, and thank you for the sugestion. I've eared of gimp but never gave it a try and I had totally forgot about it. That really helped me, you're a life saver!

Unfortunately it's still taking me way too much time to do so little so I think I'm going to stop, at least until my computer is fixed. I migth just put some single trees here and there but I'm not sure.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Ashar Daerora update 3.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast