Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April/May 2016 lite Challenge: Base Camp

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

I think I'm going to call this one done. Here's the ending part. I hope you like it.

"The stairs led to a landing that turned south. The stairs however turned from stone to wood. Great. Just great. Steiner said he hoped the stairs didn't give out on us considering they are wood and have been here for thousands of years. I agreed with him so we took the stairs carefully. At the bottom was another landing made of that pressed mud and straw, only a large double door made of solid marble was upon a set of stone blocks that was obviously the wall to another room. Steiner and I set to trying to find a way to open them, brute strength winning out in the end. As we stepped inside the room we were both amazed at what we saw before us. Carved section of walls and great pillars surrounded the room, as well as painted murals of Old King Akhanashen and his wife. There was also another sandstone looking pyramid with another throne on the top of it. Although this one looked much more regal than the last. But the rest of the room was obviously damaged by the recent earthquake as sections of the wall seem like they are ready to come crumbling down at any time. And the floor that has sand covering it looks like the stone that is probably underneath has probably shifted a bit.

It is obviously dangerous to stay here but what else can we do? We've already lost Kiri, Miri, and Traja. I cannot risk losing Steiner or myself either. But we HAVE to find that treasure room!

I talked it over with Steiner and he says we should camp here for the night and make this our base camp for any more tomb exploring we might do. I am loathe to approach the Pyramid in this room for obvious reasons so if we leave our supplies down here and make our way back out again, being extra careful, we might be able to hire more adventurers and finally get to that treasure chamber. I'll talk to Steiner about it in the morning. See if he is agreeable.

Forever yours

Vynholdt."

These are the last letters Vynholdt's sister received from her brother before his assumed death. A group of adventurers had heard that another group had gone in to the tomb and never returned. So they went in to try their luck but turned around and came out after finding an old camp site with no one around and not wanting to risk the next pyramid themselves. They found these letters, tracked down Vynholdt's sister, and gave them to her. As to the fate of Steiner and Vynholdt, some say Old King Akhanashen awoke from his eternal slumber and made them a part of the guardians of his tomb. Others say that Steiner was an undead minion actually working for Old King Akhanashen, who used Steiner to lure adventurers to his tomb, which acts as a soul trap so that the old king can feast upon the souls of those who die in the tomb. But no one knows for sure.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

pretty neat graphics, are they from DD3? ... love the way your story ends - I'll be there be more adventurers trying their luck to get at that big switch in the end
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Great job!

Poor foolish adventurers...

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Maybe put some shadows on your trees, they seem to float, nice job!

@Tilt: The Graphic of the Egyptian king is from the internet. The carved pillars and walls are from a map pack that is from the Cartographer's Annual. I think Schwartzkreuz made them for Profantasy. The actual rooms themselves are a part of the brand new Perspectives 3 program.

@Josiah VE: Thanks Yup, foolish adventurers...but aren't they always?

@Snodsy.Thanks. I'd love to but believe it or not, the graphics for doing this took a real toll on my computer and my program couldn't handle it. It crashed out right after I pressed render. When I tried to go back into it, my autosave had not saved in a while and it would take quite a bit to rebuild what I have so I think I will leave it as it is. Sorry about the shadows, I should have realized.

Nice job! I really like the last burial chamber with the hieroglyphs.

Thanks Ilanthar

Great job, I love the graphics, the Iso design, and the story is fantastic.

Thanks Bogie, I had to do something like this just to have a chance at competing with you

really nice job Tonnichiwa Sorry about the program crashing... I've had that happen once or twice... it's a pain, but glad you were able to post this!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast