Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eastmott and Frostmarch (Commission WIP)

That's really beautiful, Josiah!

Can't wait to see it shaded and coloured

It's looking fab! Can't wait to see this coloured. At least, I'm assuming it'll be coloured similar to the Arcannan map??
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's really beautiful, Josiah!

Can't wait to see it shaded and coloured
    Thanks Mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    It's looking fab! Can't wait to see this coloured. At least, I'm assuming it'll be coloured similar to the Arcannan map??
    Thank you very much ChickPea, yes, the plan is to colour and shade it.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Yes, his work is very inspirational for me, I often refer to it. I especially love the style in that specific map, it may be one of my favorite maps. I linked to the linework version of it because it's easier to see the linework than in the full colour version.
    Then we are in the same cart Josiah. What you said here, is exactly what i would say .

Very nice update, keep up.

Hey everyone! It's been a while. But I have an update here. I've done a good amount of shading and colouring.

Eastmott.jpg

Any thoughts or suggestions?

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Wow! You weren't joking when you said you'd done quite a bit of work!

Looking really great colour wise

IMHO the rivers seem to lack a little something - some kind of vitality. They don't seem to jiggle about very much but flow in relatively smooth lines - particularly the northernmost one, and there are a couple of places where they almost seem to flow up and over the roots of the mountains... or maybe that's just my eyesight! LOL!

Are you going to do more inking to define the extent of the forests along the banks of the rivers?

Wonderful job ! As you're drawing a smaller part of the continent, what would you think of widening the rivers a little bit and addend some white stream lines ? Maybe lighten the blue at the mouth of the river ?

Your texturing is very good and I particularly like the forest swamped mountains. I cannot wait to see it finished, as well as all the other maps to put them together

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Wow! You weren't joking when you said you'd done quite a bit of work!

Looking really great colour wise

IMHO the rivers seem to lack a little something - some kind of vitality. They don't seem to jiggle about very much but flow in relatively smooth lines - particularly the northernmost one, and there are a couple of places where they almost seem to flow up and over the roots of the mountains... or maybe that's just my eyesight! LOL!

Are you going to do more inking to define the extent of the forests along the banks of the rivers?
    Thank you Mouse!
    Hmmm... perhaps you are right about the rivers. Unfortunately there are several elements that go together with the river, so it would be a bit of work to change... I guess that's something I need to decide on. Do you think it's very necessary to change them up?
    By the rivers going over the mountains you mean in some of the valleys the linework from the mountains go over the rivers? I can fix that pretty easily, thanks for pointing it out.
    Yes, I'm planning to do something with that forest.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Wonderful job ! As you're drawing a smaller part of the continent, what would you think of widening the rivers a little bit and addend some white stream lines ? Maybe lighten the blue at the mouth of the river ?

Your texturing is very good and I particularly like the forest swamped mountains. I cannot wait to see it finished, as well as all the other maps to put them together
    Thank you Thomrey!
    I could widen the rivers a bit, but it is still quite a large area (maybe 1000 km).
    I want the river colour to match the sea there so it looks like it flows and blend right it with the sea. What makes you think it would look better lighter?

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Thank you Mouse!
    Hmmm... perhaps you are right about the rivers. Unfortunately there are several elements that go together with the river, so it would be a bit of work to change... I guess that's something I need to decide on. Do you think it's very necessary to change them up?
    By the rivers going over the mountains you mean in some of the valleys the linework from the mountains go over the rivers? I can fix that pretty easily, thanks for pointing it out.
    Yes, I'm planning to do something with that forest.
    Its only a personal opinion, but I think it would look better if the mountain lines didn't actually touch the rivers, even if the gap is only a very very tiny one. In light of the re-working that would have to be done, I think you could probably get away with leaving the rivers un-jiggled

What makes you think it would look better lighter?
    I love me some Caribbean seas

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast