Great map!
Awesome work!
"That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond
Thanks Tony. haha, I would be that crazy architect.
Thanks Barek
Thank you snodsy
Thanks kosmic
Thanks GWN
Thanks so much Elterio. The little market outside the gate was my suggestion - i was thinking that with only one gate to the city, there would be a line outside to get in. They would be checking everything at the gate and that security would slow things down, so a small tent town outside the gates might spring up as people always had to wait. Eventually some trading and selling would start to happen as some people would not want to wait if they could just sell outside the gate.
In fairness to the client, it was my suggestion.
Thanks Josiah. I just wanted that text to really stand out against all the details.
Haha, no, but I had thought that myself. It was unintentional, but it does look like that all the same.
Thank you Fol2dol
Thanks Obbe
Thanks Sap
Artstation - | - Buy Me a Kofi
Bulky but lovely ! Man, you know how to pack your maps
J.Edward, you never cease to amaze me with your maps! This one is dizzying!!! In a good way, of course . I especially love the cliffside, and that little trail down to the river's edge! That's a really cool detail in such a large map!!!
I'm going to be starting my own city map soon enough (my very first), and I'm hoping you will come and help me out with it when I do! I will certainly need your expertise!!!
Like a thief in the night
she comes with no form
yet tranquility proceeds
the accursed storm...
check out my new Deviant Art page!
https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm
This is absolutely astounding. I love the clean lines, the simple shapes that all coalesce into a magnificent design. This is one of my favorite city maps to appear in the Guild for a long while. Very nicely done, indeed.
And yes, my first impression was the Millennium Falcon.
Just amazing and beautifull. If you don't mind sharing with us some of your work progress : do you use vector tool to draw your city building ?
Great map again! I just don't know how you manage to put so much details in a city map... I do the quarter of this, and I'm already exhausted .
Yet another incredible piece! Your work never ceases to inspire J. Out of curiosity, how much of the details of the map (i.e. its layout, districts major features etc) were given to you as specs, and how much was purely your own design? Did the client provide you with a reference map, or just notes? I'm just curious I guess how you approach a commissioned project of a city of this scale.
EDIT:...and as per usual, I'm out of rep...
Cheers,
-Arsheesh