Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The three pieces map

By Abu Lafia
    Also thanks to mention the "Légendes des Contrées Oubliées" (btw. are D&D's "forgotten realms" called the same in french?) Ilanthar. I just googled it and found out i browsed them at a friend of mine years ago but i could not recall the (german) title or authors. Have to see if i can get a copy of hem soon^^
    I'm a big fan of Thierry Segur's work and his pastel colors. I possess the comic books and the roleplaying game settled in the same world.
    In french, the "forgotten realms" are strangely translated "forgotten kingdoms" (les Royaumes Oubliés). I'm pretty sure it's not related to the comics though, the translators probably thought that "kingdoms" sounded better. We don't use "realms" very often in french.

Thanks Martin ! You're right about the vividness of the colored features but given the pens I use, it's doomed to look this way. Poscas have their limits (especially when you think you're using regular blue and it has glitters all over ...). Concerning the Forgotten Realms they're translated as Royaumes Oubliés so, no confusion in among die Fransozen. I'll try to keep your comment about colors in mind but I often blow good maps with the wrong pen. I guess I'll have to learn.

Ilanthar, you ninjaed me ...

And realms and kingdom both mean royaume, this is just a typical example of words with latin and german origin.

Nice drawing, I like it!
    I've got to agree that it is a bit hard to separate landmasses from water, though. I personally would probably try using a lighter or darker tone for the water. (Nothing too drastic, just a little difference in value in order to help the eye separate the graphical shapes.

Thanks Mat and Francesca ! Using pen and paper can be a great limit when you're not an artist like I'm not but it allows me to try new things more freely. I'll keep those remarks in mind for the next ones (#Mapvember is coming so, more pen and paper maps). Concerning the sea, I'll see what I can do with photoshop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12