Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: February 2018 Challenge: The Green Castle

I love all the small details in your map - especially the apples in the trees and the small animals. I think watercolors are quiet difficult to handle but your coloring is beautiful!

Wow! I wish my watercolour maps were so neat!! I never manage to colour my seas so clearly...
    It's still looking great I love how you've blended colours together - it gives a real sense of the terrain!
    By the way, what paper do you use? I'm guessing it's not cold pressed?
    If I do have any critique - not really critique, since I'm guessing you already have that in mind - is to add shading to the prophecy scroll. It looks a bit plain like that.

Thanks for your kind words, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    By the way, what paper do you use? I'm guessing it's not cold pressed?
    It is cold pressed, Canson XL. Why would you assume it's not cold pressed? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    If I do have any critique - not really critique, since I'm guessing you already have that in mind - is to add shading to the prophecy scroll. It looks a bit plain like that.
    I did add a bit of shading to the scroll, but it seems that it became invisible after drying... I don't think I would have noticed it anymore, so thanks a lot for pointing it out, will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by nopkin View Post

Why would you assume it's not cold pressed?
    Well, because I use cold-press, and I saw in some old tutorial that some other paper was best. Was wondering if my horrible tries had to do with the paper. But now I know it's to do with me !

This is lovely!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Oh! I just dropped by to be nosey and found a lovely pearl of a map

Nice work Neyasha

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Nice work Neyasha
    Altough I would be happy to be the creator of such a lovely map, all the credit goes to nopkin!

LOL!

Ahem... That's a great map... Nopkin

(Thank you, Neyasha )

Guild Expert

This is super cute, I love how the water colour turned out, makes me want to try it myself, I’ve had some water colours kickin around for a few years but never really tried them.

Thanks a lot, everyone! It's so good to wake up to such nice comments, when you go to bed wondering whether your map is any good at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh! I just dropped by to be nosey and found a lovely pearl of a map

Nice work Neyasha
    I think you got confused because you had only seen chalkboard maps from me so far

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    This is super cute, I love how the water colour turned out, makes me want to try it myself, I’ve had some water colours kickin around for a few years but never really tried them.
    You should definitely try them, Kacey. It's the same here, I had watercolors lying around for the longest time and I only used them to do backgrounds for my calligraphy and some watercolor lettering. As I said above, they often do the hard work themselves and it's very encouraging to see something turn out really nice, when you don't know exactly what you're doing. (But the opposite is true as well - they are hard to tame when you want them to behave in a very specific way.) Anyway, give it a shot. Looking forward to what you come up with.

PS. While checking your maps now, I just found a map of my home country, which is just fabulous!! Wow!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast