Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Feb / Mar '18 Light Challenge: Telvehr

Yep, I can already see that this one is probably going to get a vote from me!

Guild Expert

Thanks guys!

Thomas, the layout and title were actually inspired by a wine bottle that sat on my counter for a couple of months just because I thought the design and colours would make a nice map, but I’ll take the compliment, thank you. The title will be a rusty reddish colour and I’ll be adding a parchment background. I thought about using a rougher brush like in my Romania map, but the background I’m using is more smooth so I decided not to, I’m not really going for an antique style.

Tonquani, thank you but don’t get too hasty I’m not known for getting things finished.

It's looking fab so far, Kacey. Glad to see you back mapping again.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert

I finished the line work for the rivers, and did a second pass on the inner coastal details and am sooooo excited to be done with it because it took three days to complete ugh.

Let me know if anything stands out as being horribly wrong, as always critique is welcomed and appreciated.

light challenge.jpg

Hey Kacey, great to see you back mapping! The mountain hatching looks superbe. "Rusty reddish color" on parchment background ... yes, i think i'm going to like the result
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Guild Expert

Thanks Abu!

I got some shading done on the inner coast, rivers, and border tonight, it's very subtle so I hope it was worth the effort, I'll go in with some highlights in the same areas tomorrow hopefully that will help bring the shadows out a little. I also added the back round and some color to the title. I was originally going to go with a darker parchment and more saturated reddish orange in the title, but I started fiddling around with the color sliders and happened upon this which reminded me of a baby deer so I kept it. I'm not sure my highlights are going to show up well on the lighter backround though so it may still need to change. I have no idea how I'm going to deal with the water yet but I may just leave it neutral idk, and the sea rings are temporary, I'll do them by hand if there's time at the end I'd like the line work to be consistent.

light challenge.jpg

This is coming along really nicely kacey. It appears to have acquired some warmth

I think its perfect so far

The shading is so delicate, maybe the water only needs to be a very slight shade darker than the land, with the very tiniest hint of colour?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast