Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feb/Mar '18 Light Challenge: Epierago

I hope those mountains aren't hand drawn, you must have put so much work into them but they're so tiny we can't appreciate the details of them! It looks great though.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Thanks for the kind comments and wishes for luck one and all. The mountains, fortunately, are not hand drawn. A few years back I made a series of brushes for mountains (using a combination of wilbur and terragen) and have been playing around with filters and blend modes to see if I could get more of a hand drawn look to them. As for their size that is one of the issues I am having with this effort. Mr. B said to map his world and I kind of took that to heart and tried to make a continent out of this. That is the alternate means I am considering at the moment, scaling things down to more of a large island size. It would mean redoing the mountains, but I wouldn't have to paint as many of them so it would likely go much faster and give me a better chance of getting this to a point that I could call it done.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Welp, let's just make it official. After two 15+ hour days and the fact that I am going to have to work over the weekend, I am going to land on the wrong side of that 50/50 chance of completing this that I mentioned in my first post. Sometimes I hate being a responsible employee.

If someone would be so kind (sniff-sniff, tear of frustration trickling down my cheek) as to mark this entry as being withdrawn, I would appreciate it. Well, not REALLY appreciate it, but such is life I guess.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

I'm so sorry to hear that - your map looks very promising. But life's really a bitch sometimes. Have you considered finishing the map outside the challenge?

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

Too bad Greason Wolfe, may be you could finsih it later ? It was a damn good start

Not sure if I will finish this map specifically. It was being a bit of a testing ground for another project I am working on, and for that much, it was successful as I now have a better idea of how to approach that other project.

Sincerely appreciate all the kind words and encouragement. As for that whole life being a b**ch thing, that is, unfortunately, the story of my life these last few years. I am old.school when it comes to my job, and as much as I am growing to hate it, I still take responsibility for it, and still take.pride in doing it to the best of my ability.

Anyways, I will keep my eye on all the other fine entries. Something tells me this isn't going to be an easy voting cycle.

GW
    GW

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Arkidemis's Avatar

It's sad to hear that you are withdrawing. I look forward to seeing the other project you are working on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12