Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October/November Lite Challenge: Design your Home Away From Home

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Naw, the roll of a GM is basically adversarial. That's a normal GM. :p
    The GM should never be adversarial. The GM must be the neutral judge of fairness and integrity. It is not the role of the GM to fight the players, it is the role of the GM to fairly adjudicate the happenings in the world.

I've played with (and dumped) more than one GM who thought it was his job to beat the crap out of the players no matter what they did. That is not how good roleplaying games work.

That said, if there was a reason within the story why the wagon burned, that's perfectly fair of a GM. If it was done merely to annoy the players and remove some of their stuff, that's not.

A while back I found a site with some blog-style ideas about how a good GM operates. If you ever run games, it's well worth reading this guy's stuff: The Angry DM: D&D Advice with Attitude |

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I agree with Gidde's response. A nice place to stay when out adventuring. It can be mundane such as the Gypsy Wagon that one of my players had and rode on all his trips, or magical such as a magic Tent of Luxury that is larger on the inside than outside and comes completely furnished, it can be other genres such as a small blue police callbox that opens into a space/time travel tardis. Use your imagination. The original writer of this challenge mentioned a portable "magic gate" that would take you back to your normal home. I will allow it, it would be very useful to the players, but I feel this least fits the theme of a portable home away from home. It is just a portable way to get home.
    Thanks for clarifying this! The portability aspect makes it much more interesting

One of my Shadowrun characters ended up buying a luxury yacht that she now lives on. Buying that was more fun than it should have been!

This is going to be a really interesting challenge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12