Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Nesarian Empire

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

I like it. It glows a lot! Either lots of magic or its heaven!...sorry, I kid...I really am looking forward to see what you do with this though....Oh, and...YAY SEA SQUIGGLIES!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

You sure like your magical glowing oceans ;D It looks nice though, especially if you make the land color something very pale

Well, I'm also very glad to see more of your world (hope I'm not subject to cartocacoethes disorder too, )

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    I like it. It glows a lot! Either lots of magic or its heaven!...sorry, I kid...I really am looking forward to see what you do with this though....Oh, and...YAY SEA SQUIGGLIES!
    Yes. whoo hoo! They're done now! Be sure to check out the newest update below!

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    You sure like your magical glowing oceans ;D It looks nice though, especially if you make the land color something very pale
    They were kinda glowy, weren't they? But that was mainly because they were in front of a full white background. I've added a parchment backdrop now, which has toned down the magic quite a bit, I'm happy to say

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Well, I'm also very glad to see more of your world (hope I'm not subject to cartocacoethes disorder too, )
    thanks Ilanthar, and er... i'm afraid many of us suffer from that condition. Maybe we could get a group discount at the shrink's?

Newest update: some squigglies, and some parchment.

Nesarian Empire3.jpg

Next up: mountains. Mauwn-tinnnz!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Good ol' sea squigglies can never let you down. Once again, Caenwyr, this is looking like it's goign to shape up beautiful, magic or no magic!

Not really much to say other than that and the parchment effect works well. I look forwards to the next update and those tinnnz!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Wow, I hadn't expected there'd be so many mountains in my map! Considering the scale, I should have, but I always get blindsided by these kinds of projects .

So I havent done all the mountains yet. Not even close! But I've done the linework for the northern continent, and I've also added rivers and some basic terrain shading. The rivers have received some special shading attention, by the way!

Nesarian Empire4.jpg

Up next: the mountains, rivers and basic terrain shading of the southern continent. But be sure to let me know any remarks, so I don't do stupid work for nothing .
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Looking great, love those mountains and how you do the river shading (I kinda took that idea and used that idea for my Guild World map).

Really looking forward to see how it develops. Your work is very inspirational for me.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Yup, that's a lot of mountains Looks great with the parchment, and the shading and squigglies and rivers and mountain contours (ok, everything!) is lovely. Also just thought about how wide the map is, unusual aspect ratio, it's interesting It does look very busy, though… Maybe just at this stage. Personally I would've done fewer mountains, or smaller.

I agree with Lingon that there are a lot of mountains...maybe too many. It makes the map very busy ... maybe smaller mountains would help, i don't know (if you are set on that many mountains, i mean ). Still a very good looking map and i am very curious to see where you go with it.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Working with thinner linework would probably help to make the map look less busy I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast