Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The World of Bosti ( Centaur home world )

IMG_6221.JPG

Here is a few designs i have knocked up, please let me know which is better.

I like #4.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Those are all nice fungoid forests and each kind would be useful for different types of forests. A slight improvement to #1 might be to complete the caps around instead of leaving an empty space where the stem descends. If you want a familiar specimen-type of tree, the Morel is a good model and the Enoki is a fairly familiar kind of mushroom that's all about stems and verticality.

Depending on the amount of time that you want to spend, a lot of mushrooms have spots or shaggy bits on top of the caps to add a little visual interest. http://www.boredpanda.com/mushroom-photography/ is a nice collection of some more fanciful mushrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Those are all nice fungoid forests and each kind would be useful for different types of forests. A slight improvement to #1 might be to complete the caps around instead of leaving an empty space where the stem descends. If you want a familiar specimen-type of tree, the Morel is a good model and the Enoki is a fairly familiar kind of mushroom that's all about stems and verticality.

Depending on the amount of time that you want to spend, a lot of mushrooms have spots or shaggy bits on top of the caps to add a little visual interest. http://www.boredpanda.com/mushroom-photography/ is a nice collection of some more fanciful mushrooms.
    Thanks, some of those look perfect for a heavy fungoid sea

There are a whole lot of spectacular mushrooms out there. If you need something that looks like a horrible monstrosity coming out of the forest, consider the slime mold. The fruiting bodies are interesting (search "slime mold fruiting body" on your favorite internet search engine), but the shapes that they form as they are on the hunt for food (yes, they do hunt for food) are downright disturbing (search "slime mold"). That second search shows what looks like slime molds on maps. That is actually the case because slime molds can be used to solve shortest-path problems much like soap films can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12