Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: January 2017 Challenge: Our House

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Ahem, her whip!

I feel your pain about drawing spiral staircases. I've dabbled with some isometric stuff in Inkscape and anything with odd curves and unusual angles is tricky. It's looking great, though. Keep at it!

I am planning to finish the map, but not completely sure if that is going to be before the end of the competition. Currently working on the attic; then there's the interior to do: floor coverings, furniture etc.; labelling. ... better get back to work.

Finished most of the base work, now on to the detail work

### Latest WIP ###

bleathwood2.png

Wow if that's your house, I'm coming to stay

Really cool plan!

Any updates for us, djan? Only a couple of days to go.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Wow if that's your house, I'm coming to stay

Really cool plan!
    Thanks. You are more than welcome to stay, should you ever visit Sigil ;-) It is a lovely city. Although lovely is perhaps not the right word to describe a smog filled city ruled by someone called the Lady of Pain. But where else can one see angels and demons talking philosophy without killing each other?

For the general layout of the manor, I have to give credit to our DM who did the original sketch many years ago.

Any updates for us, djan? Only a couple of days to go.
    I have been working on it. And I have included an update below. I will not finish the map completely in the way I want to finish it. I will work more on it tonight and try to get it in some finished form (I also have some time tomorrow evening as I am somewhat to the east of you). Depending on how happy I am with the end result I will decide if I want to withdraw from the voting or not. Regardless of that, I will continue working on it after the competition.

Before the end of the competition I want to finish the roof and add some texture to some of the other features (such as the front); layout the floors; add labeling. That means that the floorplans will remain largely empty, no furniture. And then see if I am happy enough with that.

### Latest WIP ###

bleathwood2(1).png

Quote Originally Posted by djan View Post
    Thanks. You are more than welcome to stay, should you ever visit Sigil ;-) It is a lovely city. Although lovely is perhaps not the right word to describe a smog filled city ruled by someone called the Lady of Pain. But where else can one see angels and demons talking philosophy without killing each other?

For the general layout of the manor, I have to give credit to our DM who did the original sketch many years ago.
    On second thoughts... I think I will just admire the drawing from here

You have added a lot of new detail, which is looking great. Are you going to colour it?

I am planning to colour it, but I am not sure I will be able to before the competition closes. Probably not.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Bryan G. McWhirter's Avatar

Wow! This is outstanding.

Agreed! It's looking fantastic.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast