Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you determine topographical heights in your maps

The number and spacing of colors depends entirely on your intended use for the map.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected ranger's Avatar

oh ya
    that's usually based loosely on the scale of the map and the amount of detail the cartographer wants in the map

in one atlas for example you will see that there are 2 different keys based upon the scale of the map
    (in the one in my office)

as a draftsman to me when I do drawings or maps I look at what I am trying to represent, too much detail on a map will loose the viewer and too little will not be enough information

your maps to me seem perfect

its all about what the cartographer is trying to represent to his/her viewers in the most informative and pleasing to the eye as possible

that's why to me drafting and cartography in itself is an art form yet alot of people do not realize that except for us folks here in the guild hah

i've been a professional draftsman for over 20 years. I dont do alot of cartography type work, but I have been involved with maps my whole life.

Yours are amazing beyond belief i wish to have the time to make my world like yours but when i look at yours i just drool haha

i still have your map on my wall behind my computer...its amazing....
    Last edited by ranger; 04-15-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12