Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Inspiration - My next homebrew world

Guild Apprentice

I listed the brushes in the first post. They are a new set I found by Joel Pigou (https://joelpigou.tumblr.com/). And yes, the brushes are fantastic (I wish I could draw brushes like that myself. Maybe one day)

LOL! I missed that completely

Drawing stuff isn't half as difficult as people seem to think it is, and practice is the key. Draw something every day, whether its a five minute doodle or a half hour work-out. You might find Fantastic Maps quite useful if you want a few starting points for learning useful techniques.

Besides - the brush is only half or less than half the job. Its knowing what to do with them that really counts, and I can see you are an expert in that department

This is fantastic! Your use of brushes is amazing. You make them all fit together flawlessly as if they're hand drawn, something I don't often see. Maybe I need to try out these brushes.
    By the way, I'd suggest posting it at half size. The way it is now it's a bit too zoomed in, and the linework is a bit blurry.
    Last edited by Josiah VE; 06-15-2017 at 06:30 PM.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Apprentice

Thanks for the feedback again.

Here is the next update. Slightly smaller size to avoid the blurriness (thanks Josiah)
    rev6.jpg

Guild Apprentice

Finished the linework

rev7.jpg

Wow, this is amazing. Very beautiful!

Beautiful line work and with color it looks even better.

Guild Apprentice

beautiful!
    nice work on the mountains! they are amazing - not so fond of the forests thought, especially the ones in the northern island seem to be too big in scale compared to the mountains.
    Also, i'm in love with those seamonsters!

I assumed those are giant trees, towering over the other, more realistic ones. I think the scale is alright, after all it is a representation and the mountains would need to be much higher and wider if the scale is supposed to be realistic. I think it works as it is, but naturally you could just slightly reduce the size of the giant trees so that they don't look bigger than the mountains (but if such sky high trees exist in your world it is good as is).

Guild Apprentice

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Yes I did envision the trees in the northern region being hundreds of meters tall, hence the scale they have been put in at.

I really wanted people to look at the map and see heaps of interesting places to go and visit. Sort of providing plot hooks for a campaign through the map.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast