Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: temple of Filadelfia perepective map W.I.P

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

some progress on the mnap.

I have started mapping this in sketchup too. both have their pros and cons and honestly, given the learning curve, I see this taking as long in PS as it would in Sketchup, so I've decided to continue in PS for the time being, though I do like sketchup, and its a great tool for mocking up buildings for the purposes of perspective, so i can see myself making a rough version of a building in sketchup to get a feel for the best perspective and then export it into ps and detail it from there

Photoshop
    filadelfia iso map.jpg

Sketchup
    Capture.JPG
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 10-26-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Frankly the PS one looks so good I'd be loath to see you give it up. So I think you made the right choice

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    I have started mapping this in sketchup too. both have their pros and cons and honestly, given the learning curve, I see this taking as long in PS as it would in Sketchup, so I've decided to continue in PS for the time being, though I do like sketchup, and its a great tool for mocking up buildings for the purposes of perspective, so i can see myself making a rough version of a building in sketchup to get a feel for the best perspective and then export it into ps and detail it from there
    I believe that's what Ilanthar does, and I did it too in my OGray's Pearls map. Sketchup is good, but its very perfect and precise all the time - a bit artistically 'dead', and the shadows are pretty dreadful (lets be honest) compared to good old fashioned hand shading

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I believe that's what Ilanthar does, and I did it too in my OGray's Pearls map. Sketchup is good, but its very perfect and precise all the time - a bit artistically 'dead', and the shadows are pretty dreadful (lets be honest) compared to good old fashioned hand shading
    I'm thinking of doing all the linework on sketchup, then printing it at 50% opacity and then drawing over it by hand in ink pens and pencils and then scanning it. I've had a craving to get back to pencil drawing and this seems like as good a start as any.

I've continued work in sketchup between watching tutorials. This is my first time using Sketchup, so maybe a bit of a big map to start with, but I'm getting used to it

I'm also adding underground elements, you know, just to make things interesting,cuz it was too easy as it was...

ISO NEW.jpg

bottom.jpg
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 10-27-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Splendid work ! As an occasional user of Sketchup, I see the amount of work you've done... So, again : Splendid... And also : Insane !!!

Great project once again Vorro. This seems to be drawn by an architect ( are you ?). Keep an eye on your work.

Brilliant layout! This looks incredible so far.

LOL! you really are insane!

If you set the style to wireframe with a non printing ground and sky before you print to draw on it, you can get rid of all the green and blue stuff and just have the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Splendid work ! As an occasional user of Sketchup, I see the amount of work you've done... So, again : Splendid... And also : Insane !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCartoart View Post
    Brilliant layout! This looks incredible so far.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Great project once again Vorro. This seems to be drawn by an architect ( are you ?). Keep an eye on your work.
    not at all, and this is my first experience with sketchup. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    LOL! you really are insane!

If you set the style to wireframe with a non printing ground and sky before you print to draw on it, you can get rid of all the green and blue stuff and just have the lines.
    something like this:
    temple new.jpg

I've been working steadily in Sketchup, wasting time on spiral staircases that arent very visible and other small details, though the overall shape is coming along nicely. Still quite a bit of work to get done on this before I can start drawing over it...

and here's some cutaways:

slice front.jpg slice right.jpg slice top.jpg
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 10-31-2017 at 02:24 PM.

This is very amazing and I can't wait to see where this goes.
    Is the temple inspired by any particular structure in real world? How did you come up with the floor plan?
    Last edited by Yasha Oqlie; 11-02-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast