View Poll Results: Oct / Nov '17 Lite Challenge: Map an Island - Pick a Shape - CAST your VOTE

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terra Incognita by fol2dol

4 11.11%
  • Haraan by Hart

1 2.78%
  • The Free Nation of Venezia by industrygothica

25 69.44%
  • Principality of Skyhold by InfiniteBlue88

1 2.78%
  • Domnio Spes'Boscoso by jbgibson

1 2.78%
  • Salvayke by jshoer

12 33.33%
  • Arata by Kier

10 27.78%
  • Spyrmenchi Island by ladiestorm

3 8.33%
  • West Prapihn Islet by mixerbach

1 2.78%
  • Thunder Island by QED42

7 19.44%
  • Vanatun by Redrobes

1 2.78%
  • Imperial Dragon Island by ScottDA

10 27.78%
  • Waskingdale Island by Straf

7 19.44%
  • La 31ème île d'Inktober by ThomasR

25 69.44%
  • New Summerset by tilt

1 2.78%
  • X Marks the Spot by waldronate

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oct / Nov Lite Challenge: "Map an Island - Pick a Shape" TIME TO VOTE

I managed to limit myself to 6. Such great entries!

(As a side note, I am very noob, how does I rep? )

You see that star/sheriff badge thing below a user's profile box on a post? Click on that and it gives you the option to leave reputation and a comment. Have a look here for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    You see that star/sheriff badge thing below a user's profile box on a post? Click on that and it gives you the option to leave reputation and a comment. Have a look here for more information.
    Thank you for that! And good thing you put in the link too, or I would have started repping with 29 posts to my name... and thus doing no one any good.

Blog Entries

The rep thing is a bit out of control since you give more rep depending on how much rep you have so its kinda got inflated over time. You can see from waaay back in 2009 that people were concerned that +10 was too much and wanted to give partial rep. And that rep inflation was a thing even then. Well now you can get +200 or more from some people which then automatically puts you up a rep level and you dish out even more. Its the Zimbabwean dollar of rep going on here. Let me see what my repping stick power is right now just to get you off the ground...

HAH !!! Just +10 from me then ! Well you can see how often I rep and how much I receive it. Rep is crazy... Dont get too hung up on it. The gold and silver compasses and the shiny golden globes are a much better reflection of peoples ability. And I can say that without any feelings of immodesty since I dont have any
    Last edited by Redrobes; 11-15-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Welp, I voted for 3, all of which really caught my eye for one reason or another. Industry's and Scott's were both gorgeous in completely opposite ways. What got me about IG's map was the cleanliness. Neat and very easy to read. Scott's map was just sooooooo pretty that I couldn't help but vote for it. My last vote went to Storm's map. The thing that caught me here was how easily I could see this as a map used in a young reader's (someone past the elementary reading stage but not quite ready for something like Harry Potter or Pearcy Jackson) collection of stories.

Everyone did a great job and I really wish I could have spent more time (and been more focused) on my entry. I do hope to work on it, but now, with a shortage of management staff at work, I am pulling double duty, so it will be tough going for a while. Such is life.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

I like the rep. Not for the power or the reputation level or anything like that. But just as a nice little nod to someone for whatever reason. I really don't care how big my green bar is. Which is good, because it's not big at all. And, you know, if I was the type to get up in my feelings about that sort of thing I might get upset that my green bar isn't as big as someone else's green bar. Just sayin'.

And yes, we're still talking about green bars here... ya filthy animals!

-IG

ps. Okay, I'll lay off the vodka for a bit. -ig

Lol!!!!! I wasn't thinking anything but green bar, IG. I laid off the vodka a long time ago. Replaced it with Ta-Kill-Ya. Not sure if that was a mistake or not.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    The rep thing is a bit out of control since you give more rep depending on how much rep you have so its kinda got inflated over time. You can see from waaay back in 2009 that people were concerned that +10 was too much and wanted to give partial rep. And that rep inflation was a thing even then. Well now you can get +200 or more from some people which then automatically puts you up a rep level and you dish out even more. Its the Zimbabwean dollar of rep going on here. Let me see what my repping stick power is right now just to get you off the ground...
    And thank you for setting me "on a distinguished road" with that repping stick of yours. I like it just for the tooltips - I've been mousing over various levels of green rep to see what the captions are. Is it still true though that you can only give to 5 people per 24 hours? Because I'm pretty sure I've passed 5 today...

Note From Bogie: You can Rep 10 people in 24 hours. Once you Rep someone, you have to rep 10 other people before you can go back and rep that person again, even if it is for a different map that they made.
    Last edited by Bogie; 11-16-2017 at 12:11 AM.

I'm new round these parts, and this was my first Challenge. It was fun. We'll see what the next one is. Thanks to those who liked and voted for my little island. There are a lot of very nice maps to choose from, so the choice is not an easy one....

Guild Member Guild Supporter

The sheer variety of maps that people were able to create, despite having such similar origins is pretty mindblowing.
    You should all be super proud of yourselves and the individuality you bring

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast