Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP of Carcosa

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by acrsome View Post
    Is this the Carcosa of the Cthulhu Mythos? Will there be a Lake Hali?

I'm a big fan of caterpillar mountains, and yours look great.
    Not the same Carcosa exactly, but I was definitely referncing/basing it off of it. Lake Hali does make an appearance, west and a bit north of Feroine

Thank you!

It looks really good already! I note you’ve deviated from your standard label-centered-over-City in a place or two to avoid overlapping features... legibility would be enhanced if you made not overlapping coastlines, mountains, etc the highest rule of your labeling style. Heh - I stoop to moving features or shortening names, to keep labels in the clear :-).

I wish I could do the caterpillar mountains so well (or at all, actually...).

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    It looks really good already! I note you’ve deviated from your standard label-centered-over-City in a place or two to avoid overlapping features... legibility would be enhanced if you made not overlapping coastlines, mountains, etc the highest rule of your labeling style. Heh - I stoop to moving features or shortening names, to keep labels in the clear :-).

I wish I could do the caterpillar mountains so well (or at all, actually...).
    I've moved them for now, but havent decided for sure what to do with them
    Yeah, I tried them for the first time now, wasnt sure how theyd go but im pretty pleased with them!

Here's my progress, not too happy with the color and texture but I'll tweak as I gocarcosa.jpg

Very nice! I'm trying to kick my Photoshop habit (I can't really justify the price), and have been looking at doing vector image maps in Affinity Designer. I've been a little stuck on how to handle topography though, and you've given me some inspiration here. Thanks!

Really nice work on your caterpillar. I like the way you show the wide ness of your land with empty space and little labels. Great job, keep an eye on it.

Guild Apprentice

Hey all! Haven't had a lot of time on my own to update, and all the progress i'd made recently got deleted

Here's Carcosa with some texture, and tribal state boundaries added:carcosanew.jpg

Guild Apprentice

carcosa2.jpg

Newest version of my Carcosa map, including tribal state boundaries and the beginning of state names, and I've started to add little facts around the border

Guild Apprentice

Phew! Almost done! Just a few more finishing touches and tweaks, and it'll be ready to print!

If you have any ideas for a key or any other critique I'd be more than happy to hear them

carcosa2.jpg

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Huge work, here ! Congratulations !

All is so neat, precise and clean. And a lot of work for the background too...

Again : contratulations !

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That is really awesome, on many levels: great work of art, amazingly easy to read and interpret, and very cool backstory and info. If this was an RPG module or setting, I'd buy it in a second.

I did notice that you've got the same info on Sinistre & Destre listed twice - is one of those just a place-holder?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast