Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The works of Hattam Reyes, scrivener of the Ancients, the, not really mad, but ...

I very much like the first of these three, Thomas

Unfortunately, I have just repped the last of them in the challenge running

Apart from the copic, I see we use the same kind of pens . I got Microns (0,2 to 0,5 mm), bigger black faber castell and 6 "shades of grey" faber castell size B.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    How could I not ? You lit the spark The big one will be a blast I hope.

I edited the first message with some informations about the maps.
    I need to visit Bogia!!!
    Those sound like splendid forests.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Thanks again for all of the answers ThomasR.
    Firstly, I had no clue that pens came smaller than .1 mm, and the ones I knew were .1 mm are really expensive technical pens. As a result of this knowledge, I think I will be going pen shopping soon!
    Also, in regard to the grey pens, I was more referring to the fact I could not see 2 different shades of grey in the maps you posted. I wanted more information on where you used each shade of grey so I could see the color differences.

This has been very informative for me so thank you for answering all of my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I very much like the first of these three, Thomas

Unfortunately, I have just repped the last of them in the challenge running
    Glad you like it Sue, it was fun to do and a bit odd at first doing the forests like this. The fun fact is that the worm-like things were a mistake at first and they're now the focus of the map

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Apart from the copic, I see we use the same kind of pens . I got Microns (0,2 to 0,5 mm), bigger black faber castell and 6 "shades of grey" faber castell size B
    The 0.03 copic is really worth having even if it's a bit expensive (but refillable).

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I need to visit Bogia!!!
    Those sound like splendid forests.
    Come grab a drink and a bite anytime

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Thanks again for all of the answers ThomasR.
    Firstly, I had no clue that pens came smaller than .1 mm, and the ones I knew were .1 mm are really expensive technical pens. As a result of this knowledge, I think I will be going pen shopping soon!
    Also, in regard to the grey pens, I was more referring to the fact I could not see 2 different shades of grey in the maps you posted. I wanted more information on where you used each shade of grey so I could see the color differences.

This has been very informative for me so thank you for answering all of my questions.
    With pleasure
    Tell me what you think of it when you try the 0.03.
    On Bogia, I did not use markers, all colors and shades are done digitally, that's why.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    With pleasure
    Tell me what you think of it when you try the 0.03.
    On Bogia, I did not use markers, all colors and shades are done digitally, that's why.
    Ahhh, that would explain why it was difficult to find the grey-shade differences... I will certainly tell you when I have tried the 0.03.

Great stuff Thomas. This Hattam chap sounds like a right character. I might have to have a drink with him

Cool maps

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Great stuff Thomas. This Hattam chap sounds like a right character. I might have to have a drink with him

Cool maps
    Thanks Straf and a drink is always welcome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12