Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kās

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ottehcnor's Avatar

Wip

So, although I do not actually have the time for it, I just couldn't leave this project hanging any longer. Finished now are the wind maps. Soon I'll have temperatures and precipitation.

January:
    K?s Climate Map January Wind (Robinson).jpg

July:
    K?s Climate Map July Wind (Robinson).jpg

If you have any critiques or comments on this or any previous steps, I'd love to hear them - especially if it will change the results for future steps.

Look at the Earth pressure maps on this website https://www.britannica.com/science/c...ssure-and-wind. The STHZ (Subtropical High at roughly 30°N and 30°S) should extend more in the inner sea (30°N,90°E) both in July an January. If it's winter in your hemisphere, almost all the land and the STHZ will be high, while all the sea except in the STHZ will be low. If it's summer in your hemisphere, only big landmasses will have low pressure, with the center of the low pressure zone usually East of the longitudinal center of your landmass. The ITCZ usually occurs only above big water body such as the pacific ocean. Polar front low isn't very important if you're near continents, on earth there's no polar front low in the northern hemisphere. You should also have a look at http://web.archive.org/web/201306191..._cookbook.html, it's truly amazing.
    Last edited by Jean-Abdel; 11-10-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Wip

Thanks for the tips! I think I understood all your suggestions and made some changes based on them. Any further thoughts?

January:
    K?s Climate Map January Pressure - edit (Robinson).png

July:
    K?s Climate Map July Pressure - edit (Robinson).png

I'm gonna go back and update the wind map next.

Actually had a good amount of time today. Here are the updated wind maps - accounting for the changes in pressure.

January:
    K?s Climate Map January Wind - edit (Robinson).png

July:
    K?s Climate Map July Wind - edit (Robinson).png

Now on to precipitation.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Good work so far

It looks fine, for precipitation make sure to consider rain shadow and cold oceanic currents that make the air above more stable so there will be less precipitation. These are the two main reasons for low precipitation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12