Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: July / Aug '18 Lite Challenge: Rekhan's Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    I was pleased to find a brown 005 Micron yesterday! I can use it to scratch in Rekhan's notes around the margins of the map.

Here's a pretty good picture:

### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 109050
    Looking good! I've heard about Micron pens. Are they really that good? Might try to procure some myself ^^

Quote Originally Posted by NarramoreArt View Post
    Nice to see a fellow traditional artist on the site
    Thanks, and same to you! I must say your calligraphy is much better than my chicken scratch, though.

Pigma Micron pens are pretty popular around here. They're easy to get and come in a lot of colors and sizes. I used to do more with the 02 and 01 sizes, but lately, it's all been with the tiny 005! I just like going small. That hurts me when it comes time to digitize, though.

P.S. Here are some of Rekhan's notes. I also added some trees to get some more details on the summer map...and it just made me love this winter version even more. I am thinking that adding color will put more interest in the summer one.

What do you think? Enough linework and ready for the color?

### Latest WIP ###
    WIN_20180802_22_29_02_Pro.jpg

Color! Color! Color! Color!

Hehe! I think so, too.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected NarramoreArt's Avatar

Totally a good time to add colour!
    I'm glad you like my Calligraphy, there's a good couple years of practice behind it but I have a long way to go yet.
    Your writing is hardly chickenscratch, it's consistently sized, and legible.

I'm also a fan of micron pens, got a fistful of them somewhere. They're very good and waterproof, but tend to lose a little of their richness when painted over (I'm trying to get in the habit of re-inking after colouring, just to make sure I get the most from my blacks)
    But Yeah, microns are highly recommended.

That is looking soooo good !

The linear on this map is so good! The notes work real well and I love the Journal itself. I think some subtle watercolor or pencil and it would fit with the journal entry style so well. Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks, everyone! I think the Riverlands has been great practice for my linework. This is certainly a different style from that one, but the practice really helped. I keep ogling those footprints I drew in the snow.

I'm penciling it now...using my watercolor pencils, too, so I'll have the option of washing it to give it a more watercolor look.

Here's a little tease...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast