Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: February 2019 Challenge: The Fortified Kingdom of...

Oh I love that griffon

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    I even think the missing ctrl+z might do wonders to your sometimes ... well... hesitant workflow with your maps . At least it does it for me, once i enter the "yeah, actually there's nothing to lose" stage of the process
    You’re probably right, and there really is nothing to loose, the chances of winning in this challenge are slim to non in the current line up so might as well just have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Oh I love that griffon
    Thanks Naima, now I just have to draw him at about 1/3 the size.

Those illustrations are amazing! This thread is going to be awesome to follow!

Surely, this is gonna be another great map. Love the elements you have so far.

The Griffon is cool!

I'm officially joining the Griffon fanclub. It's splendid

Guild Expert

Thanks guy's!

I got some kid free time this morning so I did a quick mock up and size test for my title box. I've made several changes to the griffon and also wanted to visualize the mountain size on my paper so sketched in a few while I was at it.

This is just a quick drawing on a transparent sheet over top for testing and is not polished or permanent in any way so please feel free to critique my design choices.

I did buy a large 22 by 30 inch sheet of paper with beautiful deckled edges but was really intimidated by it so I picked up this pad of 18 by 24 instead. Hopefully it's big enough. I'm not sure what size paper you traditional mappers normally use but it seems I should be able to get some level of detail into my mountains at this size so I'll stick here for now.

I wish I could say I've done more then this but if I draw anything while my daughter is home (which is always) and it's not a unicorn then there's hell to pay... If JO had asked for a map of the unicorn kingdom beyond the rainbow then it would be done by now.

Oh and let me know what you think about this name, is it stupid? I'm not good at coming up with names, and as you can see it's probably not a good idea for me to label this by hand either. I traced this font and it still looks like sh*t so I should probably do the labeling in photoshop.

### Latest WIP ###
    Title mockup.jpg

I think it looks great so far I can find nothing wrong with the name Felran. I think that's a cool name, myself . As for the font... I think it looks pretty good. I admit I'm partial to the fancier fonts, but that is just my personal taste. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be fantastic!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Guild Expert

Thanks ladiestorm! I won’t even try a fancy font by hand, I’m thinking I’ll probably go digital for the labels.

Blog Entries

I think everything looks beautiful. Even the font looks good.

And the name is good too. All good here.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast