Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CC3+ map - Orrina (Mike Shley style)

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Nice to read from you here !!! I hope you're back for good ?
    The map looks really great ! Good combination of elements and very consistent in the geography

Lovely map Sue! The mountains look great!

You really know how to get the most out of CC. I've seen those fields of farmland before, but never so well blended into the rest of landscape. It is beautiful and well-composed. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the scale. It doesn't look as big as the scale states. For one thing, you have a 2000 mile long lake system. For comparison, the Great Lakes in the real world are 750 miles long. The icons suggest towns to me, whereas at this scale, you'd only be showing great cities. If I'd guessed at the scale, I'd have probably gone for half the linear dimensions shown (and that would still leave the Sirillon Lakes bigger than any real-world freshwater area), so it isn't that extreme a difference (it doesn't look like an island instead of a small continent). That quibble aside, this could be used as an ad for what can be done with CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice work, Mouse! I see your artistic sense for colors and composition here.
    Glad to see you back and posting!
    Aw, thank you Ilanthar I'm still swimming in work and commitments at the moment, but I hope things will calm down a bit over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    What a wonderful demonstration of CC3+ Sue. Have a bit of rep :-)
    Hey Straf Another member I haven't seen around all that often just lately! Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Nice to read from you here !!! I hope you're back for good ?
    The map looks really great ! Good combination of elements and very consistent in the geography
    Thank you so much Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Lovely map Sue! The mountains look great!
    Aw thanks, Bogie

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    You really know how to get the most out of CC. I've seen those fields of farmland before, but never so well blended into the rest of landscape. It is beautiful and well-composed. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the scale. It doesn't look as big as the scale states. For one thing, you have a 2000 mile long lake system. For comparison, the Great Lakes in the real world are 750 miles long. The icons suggest towns to me, whereas at this scale, you'd only be showing great cities. If I'd guessed at the scale, I'd have probably gone for half the linear dimensions shown (and that would still leave the Sirillon Lakes bigger than any real-world freshwater area), so it isn't that extreme a difference (it doesn't look like an island instead of a small continent). That quibble aside, this could be used as an ad for what can be done with CC.
    Ah, rdanhenry

I've missed your thought-provoking comments. The scale might well be a bit off. I was more interested in getting the special effects to work. However, everything in a fantasy world is usually bigger and better than anything in the real world

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Lovely work, Mouse. The ocean colouring is gorgeous. Great to see you posting again.
    Aw, thanks ChickPea! The server was determined not to let me quote you, but I beat it in the end. That's why you're out of order right here at the bottom of the list!

A few hours after I started this thread MS decided to try and push another update on me. I didn't have the broadband allowance available to allow it, so I had to stay offline most of the time and just keep dropping by for a few seconds once or twice a day. LOL! Its lovely to see that so many of my friends are still around.

If someone can pull out a great CC3 map, it's our MouSue
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    If someone can pull out a great CC3 map, it's our MouSue
    Aw thanks, Voolf

:O I am SO sorry!

Please can one of you lovely CLs correct not one but TWO mistakes in my thread title?

I had to change the name of the map because Orrina is a shade too close to the Spanish word for urine. I've also only just noticed that I spelled Mike Schley's name wrong - missed the 'c' as it sometimes clicks instead of taps when I hit it and doesn't always work.

It should be: CC3+ map - Dorina (Mike Schley style)

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I had to change the name of the map because Orrina is a shade too close to the Spanish word for urine.
    LOL
    I believe more made up names may be close or even sound exactly the same as something in other languages. Don't beat yoursefl up. I like Orrina more than Dorina
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

LOL! I dread to think of how many times I've forgotten to check. It gets a bit exhausting googling all the names each time. I just hope I never used any really rude words in the past.

This is for an article on the PF blog, though, so I'd better change it. Me looking like a fool is ok, but to make someone else look foolish (even by accident) is not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12