Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jan/Feb '21 Lite Challenge: Port Miro

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I have got some of the penwork done. My next update will probably be when that is complete, which might take a while.

### Latest WIP ###
    draft.jpg

Looking great!

You think it might take a while? Yes I imagine it will. Heh, well, have fun with that. XD It's pretty neat but I hope you do get closer to done.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Great detail. If this was for a tabletop campaign it would give the players an amazing sense of how the waterfront looks. Do you know how you will colour it? Have a process in mind?

Well, here I am again! It took most of my Sunday and several nights since then but here is an inked version. My next step is coloring. I will be using colored pencils again though the exact color scheme I will be using I am not yet sure of. We shall see I guess. I have this black and white version to fall back upon if things go sour at least .

### Latest WIP ###
    Port Miro.png

It's an interesting map so far. I like it.

Very nice! There's a lot of space in that bottom middle section. Do you have something to go in there?

Thanks again everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by TimetoDraw View Post
    Very nice! There's a lot of space in that bottom middle section. Do you have something to go in there?
    Yah I was thinking the same thing but I was not certain what I could put there. I might try drawing just a small log/plank floating in the water, see how it looks in pencil but I am not sure. The original plan was to put a small top-down map of the city in that section but I have decided that it would make the map look too cluttered. So the short of it is, I don't know but am open to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Thanks again everyone!

Yah I was thinking the same thing but I was not certain what I could put there. I might try drawing just a small log/plank floating in the water, see how it looks in pencil but I am not sure. The original plan was to put a small top-down map of the city in that section but I have decided that it would make the map look too cluttered. So the short of it is, I don't know but am open to suggestions.
    From the point of view of making the map informative and useful, I'd say a top-down view of the city would be a great idea. You could have one half of the space a top-down view, and the other half some text describing the port's backstory etc. Or use the whole space as a wide top-down view.

As for being too cluttered, I'm not sure. I guess you'd have to sketch it out roughly, maybe on another page even and cut it out to set in place.

But of course, it's a lot more work and you've already done an amazing and time-consuming job illustrating the port
    Last edited by TimetoDraw; 02-03-2021 at 10:47 AM.

The inking looks great!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast