Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jan/Feb '21 Lite Challenge: Dwarf Wayport

Hi Falconius. I'm going to assume you're using blender.

The pitch black shadow is the result of your lighting setup and your render settings:

You seem to have only one light source in your scene. The type of light, the power, colour, position, rotation and scale, also your project scale will all affect the final look of your entire scene, especially with just one light. If my assumption is wrong, your other light source is either way too weak or its visibility is turned off.

EEVEE rendering engine does not calculate light path bounces = it gives you no ambient light = darker shadows.

I avoid booleans, so I'm not sure if there's a setting you missed, or it's just acting buggy. If this was my scene to work on, I would simply apply the boolean, then go into edit mode and fill the missing faces.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    Hi Falconius. I'm going to assume you're using blender.

The pitch black shadow is the result of your lighting setup and your render settings:

You seem to have only one light source in your scene. The type of light, the power, colour, position, rotation and scale, also your project scale will all affect the final look of your entire scene, especially with just one light. If my assumption is wrong, your other light source is either way too weak or its visibility is turned off.

EEVEE rendering engine does not calculate light path bounces = it gives you no ambient light = darker shadows.

I avoid booleans, so I'm not sure if there's a setting you missed, or it's just acting buggy. If this was my scene to work on, I would simply apply the boolean, then go into edit mode and fill the missing faces.
    Thanks Kisachik, I think you are right. I was going to play around with adding some lights in there next round, there are some surfaces orientated that way but just have basic shaders applied and those still enough light to see so I thought it may have more to do with my material setup. And in fact looking at the copy here again now I can actually see more of the ground than I can see in the original PNG, so it must just be starved of light.

This is really starting to feel grand... I particularly love the internal little boats to external big boast transfer docking area.
    If that makes sense - not sure what to call it. but it is a great idea ... (I might 'borrow' the concept sometime...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12