Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feb/Mar '21 Lite Challenge: Pirate Treasure

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I went back to fiddle with the scanner again and realized I was trying to scan it as a colored document rather than a picture/graphic. What that difference means to the scanner I have no clue but it seems to have picked up the colors this time.

### Latest WIP ###
    Pirate Treasure - Color.png

Also, thankyou for the offer Andarr. I don't have photoshop but I do have gimp that I, somewhat, know how to use. The digital copies of my maps though don't really matter much for me. I upload them to the guild to get feedback and show of the work and if they come out well, they come out well. If not it is not the end of the world. If I did commissions, it would be another matter but at least for now this works for me .

Just thought I should come back and add how I would use this for the game.
    I was thinking having the great Seaclaw reveal this map to the public, initiating a race for the treasure. This map would then provide the path that the PCs would need to take to find the treasure. It has many hints as to what is expected along the way and possible dangers one might encounter.
    There would be three distinct game 'stops'. The first would be in Port Alcott. I would make there be some sort of easy puzzle here for the PCs to solve to get a key or maybe smaller map for the actual treasure chest. Then there would be a battle encounter in the Kraken Sea. This could be with Krakens (as the name suggests) or something similar (maybe the pirate cartographer mispelled Crack'in sea, meaning that huge cracks form in the sea to pull ships down? Who knows?). Then there would be some sort of skill challenge (I think 5e uses these? 3.5 player here so I am a bit out of date )/other puzzle to navigate the Misty Isles. Finally, should there still be time the PCs may discover, to their horror, that another pirate crew has reached the treasure first and a battle should ensue.
    Just what I was envisioning for the map at least, more of a prop than an actual dungeon map.
    Last edited by Arimel; 03-09-2021 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Adding my game plan.

Good Arimel, now colors are right. Now I've only a question, when starts the adventure? I wanna look for the treasure !!!

Liking the new colored version!!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Thank you both for the comments!

And Simkin, by that statement I assume you are taking Seaclaw's statement at face value... What proof do you have that there will even be treasure at the end? Maybe this is just his ploy to make everyone look like fools? What pirate, even a dying one, gives away his treasure? So take the opportunity but be aware of the risks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12