Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: June-Aug '21 Lite Challenge: Map of Pasarz and Myasha-Ahlwadi

Thank you!

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Lots of promise. The skeleton has a charm about him, and the archer tells a story, I love where this is going!

IR

Thanks, Adfor! The 'archer' is actually a warrior with a shield stopping the rain (symbolic of the mountains). But thank you, I realize I need to make that more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Elderly Cartographer View Post
    Thanks, Adfor! The 'archer' is actually a warrior with a shield stopping the rain (symbolic of the mountains). But thank you, I realize I need to make that more clear.
    All good, angle that shield a bit further in, and that should give a better impression.

How about this? Inked in a lot of stuff. Added tassels to the city banners. I hope to add some sort of color. I'm not sure if it will be marker, color pencil, or in GIMP.

More backstory:
    The first king of Pasarz and its founder was Dastrius the Viper. He was as cunning as a serpent and the swiftness of his sword was like a cobra strike. He trekked up the fertile green valley and discovered its source was an oasis pool. If he could control the source of the river, the Fountain of Nafura, he could control the lower kingdoms. King Zafar Abdunalek of the Kingdom of Gad, caught wind of this and confronted him at the fountain. As much as the observes wanted to call their confrontation a 'duel,' they could not; for as Zafar drew his scimitar, Dastrius leapt forward with his two renown katars and thrust them through his breastplate. As Dastrius desired, once he took control of the Fountain of Nafura, the kingdoms were forced to pay tribute to him and inevitably were merged into the Kingdom of Pasarz.

### Latest WIP ###
    Pasarz WIP 4.jpg

It looks promising, but i guess you have a lot of work before you yet. Keep it up. I can imagine that little bit of color would fit nicely for the characters.

Thanks, Andarr. I'm imagining faint warm shades for the overall map, contrasting colors for the character to draw them out, and dark reds and greys for the boarder. I'm going to pull the color scheme from a Persian rug that I'm using for reference.

What do yall think about the swirls on the cloud in the top left? I'm not quite sure what possessed me to do it. I think, I saw something like that in an ancient map. Lol. All I know is I didn't want to leave the cloud white, and I could use straight lines because the rain and the ocean are already using that pattern.

### Latest WIP ###
    Pasarz WIP 5.jpg

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

It looks pretty good to me and I know I have seen others use similar patterns around here. The fact that they are clouds will be more apparent with color as well so that should help.
    I must admit though, when I first looked at the map I slightly chuckled that the clouds seemed to be coming from behind the person squatting... just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    It looks pretty good to me and I know I have seen others use similar patterns around here. The fact that they are clouds will be more apparent with color as well so that should help.
    I must admit though, when I first looked at the map I slightly chuckled that the clouds seemed to be coming from behind the person squatting... just saying...
    Lol. Maybe a shadow on the cloud would help join the two.

Nearly done. Now I'm going to try color pencils. If that botches it, I will resort to GIMP for coloration. Lol.

### Latest WIP ###
    Pasarz WIP 6.jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast