Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP : Haerlech

Merci Warlin.
    Je vous en suis reconnaissant.

I did a bit to the docks as per suggestions.
    Also did some of those pavers throughout the cities roads.
    Now back to doing fields.
    Haerlech 03f 005 crop1.jpg

edit - already see a spot I need to fix.

Guild Novice

Holy crap thats a LOT of detail I thought you would just draw littleish blocks for the harbor, not millions of tiny circles. wow.

Something else i noticed: the circular building. In the middle, there is nothing. It would be cool if there was a small fountain or park in the middle.

And yes, it is my goal to torture you and your hand

Quote Originally Posted by boldloop View Post
    Holy crap thats a LOT of detail I thought you would just draw littleish blocks for the harbor, not millions of tiny circles. wow.

Something else i noticed: the circular building. In the middle, there is nothing. It would be cool if there was a small fountain or park in the middle.

And yes, it is my goal to torture you and your hand
    There will be more stuff.... as time allows. And thanks for the input.
    The docks definitely were forgotten about.
    I added more pavers around the city. I'll be finishing fields and then moving on to some other details.
    I have to be careful what I add - if I add too many little details 'here' then I will have to add them 'there'.... and I don't want this to really take five years.

Pretty fantastic work so far, J'Edward. I've not been around as much lately because work is pretty intense at the moment but I'm still watching things! Look forward to the finished product - although I suspect to many it looks finished already. =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Thanks Larb.
    I hope your getting some time to do maps though.

Holy cobblestones, Batman! They look spectacular. The detailing really pays off. I think we should all send you some bandages for your hand, though!

Jeez, the amount of fine detail is astonishing.

Wondering, how big is your original image ? I'm fairly limited by my PC on Photoshop, if I go above a certain size it's slow and freezes (i'm considering an upgrade because of this).

Guild Journeyer

So much effort put in with your map. Always excited to see new posts on this thread!

Thanks soggymuse, Narolas and Ilgoth.
    Narolas - it used to be 5200x5845. I enlarged it at a point so I could do the roof detail.
    It's now 7270x8140. I had the same problem and did build a new computer as it was becoming a problem.
    The file size is over 1GB at the moment which would have been difficult for my old computer to handle.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast