Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oct / Nov '17 Lite Challenge: The Free Nation of Venezia

That was great advice. I think the labels look much better now.

### Latest WIP ###
    Venezia.jpg

Much cleaner-looking!

Thanks! Here's another one before I shut it down for the night. Just settling in on a border and playing with some embellishments.

### Latest WIP ###
    Venezia.jpg

Guild Artisan

Nice. Very Nice. You have such a good eye when it comes to the colors. Looks great. Love the muted color borders of the regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
    Nice. Very Nice. You have such a good eye when it comes to the colors. Looks great. Love the muted color borders of the regions.
    Thank you. That means a lot.

Here I tried to tone down some of the contrast in the parchment. It was really bugging me. Is this better?

### Latest WIP ###
    Venezia3.jpg

Oh that's all a thousand times better

Are you planning on redrawing the boat and serpent to bring them in line with the style of the rest of the map?

It's looking great. I'm glad you toned down the parchment a little. It's so much better now. I really like the style you have here.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh that's all a thousand times better

Are you planning on redrawing the boat and serpent to bring them in line with the style of the rest of the map?
    Thanks. I hadn't really thought about redrawing them. Honestly, I'm not 100% certain I'm even going to keep them. I'm not sure I'd know how to redraw them to better match the style, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    It's looking great. I'm glad you toned down the parchment a little. It's so much better now. I really like the style you have here.
    Thank you! Now I'm just thinking roads, but I'm not certain of how to do it best without just throwing them down willy-nilly like I do everything else.

Thanks again for the feedback. It keeps me motivated!

-IG

Map is looking great IG. I don't have the artist's eye, so take this for the unqualified advice that it is, I think the serpent is a bit different style wise, but I would not have noticed if someone else had not mentioned it first. I think the boat looks just fine and I would leave it in.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast