Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Atlas Awards - 2018 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Mission accomplished ! A little question, I noticed the "Media ready" category doesn't appear this year. Is it final ?
    Hey Thomas, yeah, we felt 'Media Ready' was a little vague and was covered already with other categories. I mean, something posted in Finished Maps is obviously 'media ready'. The categories Diamond listed are the final categories for this year. There won't be any changes.

Last year was our first attempt at this, and we felt we needed a couple of small tweaks (for example, dungeon maps were in with Town/City maps last year. That's been moved to structure/gaming category.) Once we're finished this year, we'll look at it again and see if any more tweaks are required for next year. It's just a matter of fine-tuning to try to make everything as clear - and as fair - as possible.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks for the answer CP (and thanks for naming Ivorell by Blaidd, I wanted so hard to use it for best regional map but J.edward won my heart on this one).

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It's really too bad, that Warlin didn't post his map in the Finished map folder....

Impossible to nominate, right ?

Haha, it's really tough choosing sometimes, isn't it! Sometimes I feel like I've personally let down the people I didn't nominate.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    It's really too bad, that Warlin didn't post his map in the Finished map folder....

Yeah, sorry, only maps that were posted in Finished Maps in 2017 are eligible. No exceptions, unfortunately.

My fault, Jo. I did post my map in the finished map folder but under an old thread of 2016, so...
    Cheers.

Warlin, I had thought Jo was perhaps referring to either a challenge map or maybe a Guild World/Guild City map that you'd forgotten to post in Finished Maps, but I think he's referring to your Atlantide maps?

Even though the thread was started in 2016, you did post two Atlantide maps in Finished Maps during 2017, so they're eligible for nomination. Unfortunately the thumbnail scraper isn't going to be able to list them because they're buried deep in the thread, so if anyone wants to nominate Warlin's work, here are a couple of links...

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...l=1#post323818
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...l=1#post362934

The Melbourne city map was made in 1990 but was only posted in the finished map section in 2017. Thus, it is still eligible for nomination according to the rules mentioned in the first posts.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    My fault, Jo. I did post my map in the finished map folder but under an old thread of 2016, so...
    Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Warlin, I had thought Jo was perhaps referring to either a challenge map or maybe a Guild World/Guild City map that you'd forgotten to post in Finished Maps, but I think he's referring to your Atlantide maps?

Even though the thread was started in 2016, you did post two Atlantide maps in Finished Maps during 2017, so they're eligible for nomination. Unfortunately the thumbnail scraper isn't going to be able to list them because they're buried deep in the thread, so if anyone wants to nominate Warlin's work, here are a couple of links...

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...l=1#post323818
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...l=1#post362934
    Thanks Chickpea ! I was referring to the last Atlantide map by Warlin....

Alas, Warlin, I've already made my nominations... I do hope someone else will nominate your Atlantide map !

Thanks Chickpea ! I was referring to the last Atlantide map by Warlin....

Alas, Warlin, I've already made my nominations... I do hope someone else will nominate your Atlantide map !
    I concur !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast