Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: February 2018 Challenge: The Prophecy of the Two Roses

The mountains are epic and I really dig the subtleness of the sea pattern.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Okay, so, some minor tweaks. I lightened the aging/grunge pattern by about 15%, and changed the prophecy text yet again, because the last one sucked.

I've also started to put down some names and places. This is going to be the most time-intensive part of this map, and I don't know that I'll be able to finish. Going to try, though!

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's looking great, D, and I really hope you finish it - on time or not... (says she who has an unfinished Challenge entry map lurking around somewhere in the "Dragons be 'ere realm")

Now that you've crisped up the sharpness of the relief shading, and started to add labels that are equally sharply focussed, I'm starting to get this out of focus feel with the framework. I don't mean the metallic parts, because metal has a fuzzy lustre. I mean the marbled background of the different panels. Its hard to explain. I know marble isn't sharp, but after looking at the map it seems to lack some kind of.... some kind of......

Grit? Ummm.... a key to the surface.... the tiniest shade of noise, maybe?

I can't really explain it.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well... unfortunately I'm going to have to throw in the towel on this one. Too much work, too little time. I still want to finish the map, so be on the lookout for a thread in Regional where I'll continue it.

I really like the way you've depicted the mountains in this piece Diamond. Composition is great as well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123