Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: July 2016 Challenge: Teebrook Stronghold

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Hey Dan, it turned out wonderful so far, last time it was only as a sketch The layout of the whole castle is amazing. Have you oriented yourself on any real world castles? Every time i try to sketch a castle floorplan, i'm somewhat unhappy with it and you did such a great job. Looking forward to see the sideview illustration. Keep up the great work!
    Thank Abu! I looked very closely at Steffen's Border-Fortress map. Not just the finished version, but also the WIP. I also looked up what rooms there would be in a castle. I found helpful information here, here and here. I personally found that it didn't look 'real' until I added details such as doors, pillars, windows etc. so perhaps that might help you next time (:

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    If that second floor above the chapel is open, you might think about putting a note right in there that says 'open to chapel' or something.
    I plan to add furniture here and there and thought I'd copy the furniture of the main floor to the second floor, but at low opacity. Not sure how it will look but we'll see (:

Done some work on the sideview and I think it turned out very well. It doesn't really blend in with the rest of the map I think. What do you guys think could help?

teebrookstronghold6.jpg

As always, let me know what you think!

-Dan

Really nice, especially with the castle drawing. Not crazy about the red first letter for the elements, maybe just headings? The double circle lines seem a llittle light compared to the rest of the linework.

Hey Dan, I haven't had time to look closely at what's happening around here lately but you developed this one very nicely ! I think the iso view is a great idea and the castle you drew is good but could be great with a tiny modification. The crenels you drew are a simple line making a thick piece of wall really thin on you map. You could fix this really easily and that would make your map whole because everything is great and this tiny detail is very noticeable among the rest.

Excellent! The sideview adds a lot and I think furnitures would as well.

Thanks for the nice and constructive feedback guys! I will definitely have a look at those things when I get back at the map!

-Dan

I think think I have nearly finished the map. I furnished the place a little and made the crenelations in the perspective view thicker. Not sure what else to add to the map, but of course ideas and suggestions are always welcome!

### Latest WIP ###

teebrookstronghold7.jpg

Let me know what you think!

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    made the crenelations in the perspective view thicker.
    I was about to suggest this to you yesterday, but forgot about it... Looks perfect now! I also like the furnishings a lot. Makes the whole place very lively without overcrowding it. In my view you could make the stains on the background a bit less contrasting, but that's a minor nitpick. Great job overall!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

That's fantastic! The furnishing is great and the thicker crenelations are much better, before they looked like paper. Now I wish Steffen's had that perspective view, it gives a really good idea of the actual structure of the building.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I agree, it's wonderful !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast