Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Against the Gigants - Geoff Map

This looks pretty awesome. I like how crisp your rivers look and the icons for villages are pretty neat too.
    Did you draw the icons yourself or are they from some other source like a brush pack ? (since i can see some duplicate icons on your map)

One thing that does bother me a bit is how the heavy lineart of the mountains seems to be drawing away the attention from the rest of the map, but i assume you'll be balancing that all out once all the elements are in place.

Very nice additions! Now I'm looking at it again, I think the forests and cities may be a bit "pale" (or lacking a bit of contrast) compared to those great mountains. But I suppose it also depends of your next moves.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

@Phanues

The icons was drawed by myself (I plan to use them in other iso maps). There are duplicated icons because I did not create the whole landmark at once but symbols that can be mixed as I wish to create the final "icon".

You are right that the lineart of the main mountain ridges is a bit strong... maybe I reduce it a little before end the map.

@Ilanthar

Yes, I have a layer of extra inking for that features, but sometimes I forget to activate it

And a couple of WIP images:

WIP_9_Geoff.jpg

WIP_10_Geoff.jpg

- Antonio
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AntonioFrade; 04-26-2016 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Re-upload first image

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ohh. I like those banners - very nice touch
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioFrade View Post
    @Phanues

The icons was drawed by myself (I plan to use them in other iso maps). There are duplicated icons because I did not create the whole landmark at once but symbols that can be mixed as I wish to create the final "icon".

You are right that the lineart of the main mountain ridges is a bit strong... maybe I reduce it a little before end the map.
    I like the updated version - the mountains look 'softer' now with the reduced line strength and added shadowing.
    I assume you're using a graphics tablet to draw this with ?

If you're ever so inclined to make one, i'd love to see a step-by-step or even a tutorial on how you create your icons.

The contrast is much bette now, imho. Excellent banners and icons (what happened to that poor city walls?).

Thanks!

@Phanues

Yep! I use a wacom tablet to all the hand drawing.

@Ilanthar

Gigants happened, all the region was invaded by gigants... And you know, sometimes gigants get... effusive... if they don´t obtain what they want. :d

I expect to post the last WIP of the B&W process. I am struggling right now with the Illustrator to obtain the borders that I want...

- Antonio

By AntonioFrade
    Gigants happened, all the region was invaded by gigants... And you know, sometimes gigants get... effusive... if they don´t obtain what they want. :d
    I expect to post the last WIP of the B&W process. I am struggling right now with the Illustrator to obtain the borders that I want...
    Makes sense !

Hello!

Last WIP image (I think):

WIP_11_Geoff.jpg

The next step will be colour the map. Opinions please...

- Antonio

Arrrgg!! I just realized that there is a green square monster in my map!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast