That's a good idea. However...
MapTool is mean to me. For some reason, even though map objects can be brought to the front, sent to the back and put anywhere in-between, it's not saved. So when you start the program again, some cliff tiles are randomly moved under slope tiles. I have no idea how to circumvent the problem.
Slopes will do fine regardless, but I lose the possibility of having slopes right next to cliffs. Well, unless I make tiles specifically for that... which I might have to do anyway, as slopes over cliffs can't be done with the current tiles. Ah well, problem circumvented, in some way.
With essentially positive feedback, I'll keep the general slope design, although I might make some change to the slope "texture" before I start all over. I also intend to make a base tileset (what's been released so far) and an advanced one that includes even more slope configurations for maximum flexibility. I realize that some people might just want to use the slope tiles to make printable maps and don't need to worry about memory issues.
But for now, I'm still on break, especially after the MapTool aggravation. Hit a roadblock with path tiles, too, so I've been relaxing with beach maps. I'm not decided on the look, though.
Tiling the sand/water edge while keeping those gradients is going to be such a headache...
EDIT: I'm really incorrigible. I did the whole beach work in 64px. Good thing it's nowhere near to final.