Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: July / Aug '17 Lite Challenge: Dieselpunk Airship Pirate's Treasure Map

Ah yes - I see. Yes the depth contours look better

Sorry - was trying to think how to describe the resolution problem at the same time as looking at that second post.

Reading Falconius's comment - very good idea to use the path tool, but if you aren't already used to using it, it can be a bit tricky! I would only worry about it if you feel you have plenty of time to mess around learning new ways to draw lines instead of drawing the map

No worries Mouse. Thanks all for the help.

This should be better...

Not a whole lot left on the actual map itself, I think - the rivers and vegetation redone, maybe add a collar/margin. Then some weathering, the tabletop, and accompanying documents.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 98322

Quote Originally Posted by Daistallia View Post
    This should be better...

Not a whole lot left on the actual map itself, I think - the rivers and vegetation redone, maybe add a collar/margin. Then some weathering, the tabletop, and accompanying documents.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attachment 98322
    Invalid attachment?

Weird. I swear it showed up when I posted...

One more go...

### Latest WIP ###
    new pirate 3.png

It feels like a Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations map. Which is a good thing.

Oh, and a bit mor flavor text:
    The Polzev Commonwealth and the Opruvalon League have been at war for seventeen years. Many new and terrible industrial inventions and blood magics are used, often with horrific results. The newest are magical "hell bombs", that have begun to be employed with near apocalyptic results. The two sides are nearing exhaustion. The war is almost over.

The military situation is becoming increasingly unstable and chaotic. Supply lines are severly disrupted and many units are nolonger in fighting order. Higher command and unit cohesion are starting to break down. Entire units have disintegrated. Desertion is becoming common. Mutinies are starting to occur with regular frequency. And, in some cases, entire units have been unceremoniously released from duty by their immediate commands.

The crew of the OLAS "SILVERWING" has been operating out of the Magras Gunlao Archipelago on patrol duty as part of Operation "RIGHT FIELD". Contact with "RIGHT FIELD" command has become erratic. Supplies are running low.

Two days ago, Colonel Nawarti radioed all elements of "RIGHT WING", explaining that the operation was no longer sustainable, and that higher command had not been in contact in several days. All elements of "RIGHT WING" have been released from duty. He ended the address by saying "good luck - you're on your own." (1)

(1) As I mentioned earlier, this is partly inspired by the old GDW RPG "Twilight 2000", and this line in particular is an echo/homage. For those unfamiliar, the game, published in the mid-1980s and very much a product of the cold war, is set at the end of a cold-war-gone-hot scenario. The war starts in 1995, and stays conventional through mid-1997. In July, the Soviets start with a few small tactical nukes, and things slowly escalate until a limited strategic exchange occurs over Thanksgiving weekend of 1997. The war continues to grind on until NATA forces make final big push in Poland in early summer 2000. This is when things ultimatel fall apart all together. In the introductory scenario, "Escape from Kalisz", the players get a military style briefing detailing the actions their parent unit, the fictional 5th Infantry Division, in the final offensive, and their current situation- trapped in what is functionally enemy territory, division HQ over run by Polish forces, and the 5th ID basically having ceased to exist as a functional unit. The breifing ends with the division commander's radio message of the same "good luck - you're on your own."

Very nice progress with the map. much easier to look at now.

Weathering, documents, and decorations coming up...

### Latest WIP ###

new pirate 3 base rivers veg details.png

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast