Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TTRPGs

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Master View Post

Online, you can probably find lots of people willing to play all kinds of things (well, maybe not something really obscure!). I don't know the names of such websites though. Perhaps someone knows?
    The website roll20.com, which is a virtual table top that many use to play TTRPGs online has forums where people organize games.

Thanks, Nick!

Looking for something this week, I found a book of old maps, mostly from playing games in the past. BUT, it also included the first ttRPG map I ever designed. That was fun to see!

Wow! That's amazing.

I very much enjoy D&D 5e, with all the content that's out there and my familiarity with it I can bend it to suit whatever setting or story I want to tell. the Kid's on Bikes system is fabulous for more roleplay/story driven games, and is mightily flexible too. I'm just dipping my toes into Heart & Spire from Rowan, Rook And Decard, but those seem like a blast if I can run them. The character choices are crazy in a good way.

I've been into TTRPG's since I was 10, so around 26 years now.

I'm pretty blessed to have a group of my best friends meeting every Tuesday for nearly 5 years. We play Pathfinder 1e, on the slow exp progression. We are all 14th level now, my character Hanzyre Louonovo just surpassed 800k exp last night!

Our weekly group is based in Eberron, while my personal campaign (which I just rebooted!) is a completely homebrew world. I find the setting to be much more important than the rules system, as we get involved in a lot more theater of the mind than crunchy chessex sheet battles. Not to say we don't get involved in some meticulous battle mat style encounters, but I supposed what I intend to say with this, is that each player has a set of wants and needs for coming to the table (or zoom), which can be catered to by being specific in rule set/setting choice.

I'm more curious as to what people's group dynamics are, character builds, neat modules to try, and the like. Thoughts?

IR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123