Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Village of DunHaven (WIP)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The map looks great with two exceptions:

1) Bogie already took care of the beach sand question.

2) The blurry grass detracts from what otherwise is semi-photorealistic work. It would make a great improvement if you boosted the resolution on the fill so that it looks like grass or if you used a better grass fill.

I also notice that there's a dead body there that looks more like a motorcycle.

Nix für Ungut!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Hey Storm

All you need to do to get yourself some markings on those roads is add another sheet just above the sand, put a Blur effect on it, followed by a Blend mode effect set to 'overlay', and draw rut marks and what-have-you onto that sheet in black lines of varying thicknesses.

Its the CC3 version of 'shading'

The sand texture becomes dirt as you make it darker

I'm just trying to decide what I want to do about it, since I don't want actual asphalt... this is supposed to be a poor, almost forgotten hamlet. I'm thinking gravel, if I can find a fill I like.
    2) Didn't even think about the grass issue... thanks for pointing that out! I have quite a few good grass fills, and changing the fill is easy enough
    3) I think I'm just going to get rid of that motorcycle all together, since everyone seems to be mistaking it for a dead body! Maybe I will put a couple of bicycles in its place.

@Mouse - I'm actually thinking of either a darker dirt overlay... or perhaps the cracked soil fill I have... or maybe a gravel fill, anyway, I have some ideas of what I can do .
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

I think I said this on your challenge thread, or earlier in this thread. I can't remember, but there are a whole load of textures available at Textures.com. The problem, however, is that I can't convert them to png for you, because that goes against the T&C of using the site. Their textures, beautiful though they are, are useless to CC3 users unless you do the conversion yourself. jpg -> png

However (and you don't have to use them if you don't want to) I will be adding a few more png textures to my free texture album over the next few days. You might find one you like there... or you might not. We'll see

EDIT: Might have a couple of grass textures for you to try as well
    Last edited by Mouse; 10-02-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Okay, so I have hopefully fixed the grass and the road issue. I still forgot to delete the motorcycle, but I will do that later. Here is what I have.

DunHaven.08a.JPG

I may need to cut the saturation of the gravel down a little more... what do you all think?

as always, looking for feedback
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    I still forgot to delete the motorcycle, but I will do that later.
    I don't see any reason to delete the motorcycle. I think the problem would be solved by increasing the size of the motorcycle by about 15-20%.

BTW, I was only having fun when I said I see a dead body that looks like a motorcycle.

The improvements are great.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123