Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September Mapping Challenge: Create a Mapping Object or Texture.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected EricPoehlsen's Avatar

for voting you should make one image file containing all your work put under the ### LATEST WIP ### marker, so it is shown in the gallery

I have been working on a few things already I will be able to drop into the challenge! <Bridges!> coming to a town near you!

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    Do we have to upload each individual item as an attachment, or can they be bundled into a zip file, with just the minimap preview to show off each of the 6 pieces?
    If a zip is okay, can we provide multiple sizes for each of our 6 items? For example: a large full-rez version, one at 200x200 scale, and one at 100x100 scale.
    Multiple sizes of the primary 6 items in a ZIP file is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Multiple sizes of the primary 6 items in a ZIP file is OK.
    Great, thanks.

My my, this is becoming quite the popular challenge!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected EricPoehlsen's Avatar

@Corilliant: It is a fast challenge, you can join with not too much of an afford.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

Im going out of town, so I wont be around to see the results of this one! IF I can ill try to use my phone and vote, but odds are Im gonna have to wait to see the outcome.

I have a question. Does the objects made in this challenge have to be for public use?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    I have a question. Does the objects made in this challenge have to be for public use?

cheers
    My original purpose in suggesting this challenge way back when was to try to revive what they used to do on the Dunjinni forums - an active community of people creating objects that could be freely used (largely without restriction). I suspect that the "official" answer from Bogie and others will be that it is at the artist's discretion (which is how I think they used to do it on Dunjinni)...but for me, I think they should be free to use and mine will be...if i finish them ... and that assumes that people will actually want to use them
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by anomiecoalition View Post
    My original purpose in suggesting this challenge way back when was to try to revive what they used to do on the Dunjinni forums - an active community of people creating objects that could be freely used (largely without restriction). I suspect that the "official" answer from Bogie and others will be that it is at the artist's discretion (which is how I think they used to do it on Dunjinni)...but for me, I think they should be free to use and mine will be...if i finish them ... and that assumes that people will actually want to use them
    For what it's worth, I agree with you. If you are making something new for your own commercial purposes, it doesn't seem quite fair to enter it in a competition with those who are trying to contribute to the community in a fun and challenging way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast