I like it very much,thanks a lot~
Totally amazing map. Have some rep.
M
I like it very much,thanks a lot~
Another (massive) piece to love. Thanks for sharing John!
Map is not territory...
Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
My DeviantArt site and Twitter
Round cities can be tricky, that looks great.
Well done J.Ed! I like those small yards inside the "district blocks", cozy. Amazing linework.
Again, I am late in responding - my apologies.
Thanks Carlsson
Thanks Thomas. Haha, it is a bit bulky. This one did have a lot that needed to be added.
Thanks ladiestorm. I will go check threads today and seek out your city map. I love adding little paths and out of the way things like that.
it's the sort of thing I would look for if visiting a city. Little nooks and special places.
Thanks so much Sanderling haha, yep, it does look like it.
Thanks Warlin. No vector tools, just loads of free hand drawing.
Maybe there's a technique I don't know of, but doing it free hand is the fastest way for me to do this. And also, to get the level of variation that I want as well.
Haha, thanks Ilanthar Well, I just do what I do.
Thanks arsheesh. I was not given a ref map. I was given some text description, but was mostly free to lay it out as I saw fit.
Mostly the client gave me general direction on a circ city, walled districts, their name and purpose, and then a few specific locations.
With something this large, I try to balance the look and feel of multi-purpose buildings... like close shops that would have living above on upper floors.
So in some sense, I am sort of envisioning whether buildings I'm drawing are one, two, or more levels.
I do that to make sure I have enough living quarters for the amount of people I think would be in a city.
Hopefully that is helpful. If not, just ask any further questions, and I'll try to answer them.
Thanks Mearrin
Thank you SoyaDokio
Haha, thanks Abu
Thanks Rob and yes, they can be tricky. They are not my favorite to do, mainly as it is a bit contrived since cities are rarely round.
But it does make for a visually interesting city, most times.
Thanks Ilgoth
Artstation - | - Buy Me a Kofi