Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The underworlds of Agarta

I like the colours. But I like any and all colours - as long as they work together. I think you get away with it because the linework is so bold, clean, extremely well drawn, and very strong - as strong, in its own way, as the colours are.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Post Thanks everyone for all the feedback.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback and praise it has really helped motivate me. I was looking at my map yesterday while working on it and it suddenly occurred to me, the best way to describe its style is Dr Seuss meets 2000AD (more particularly Nemesis) both are two strong influences from my childhood. I was aware the colour choices were not going to appeal to everyone and i think it will be darkened down once i add a darker background. I was trying actually to make it darker and more brooding after doing the fungal jungle but thats just what came out in the end, i still have the whole volcano area to work on and i hope i can take a darker more evil approach there. I think I'm going to go with a very red-centric colour scheme dictated by the lava. If i could redo anything it would be the photoluminescence of the fungal jungle by making it more low light and adjusting the light of that area, still its my first time for a lot of these elements and i've learnt a thing or too. I actually really like the colour that came out in the stalagmites/column of that zone though, the colours seem very Tin Tin-esque.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Lots of details in there, and even though I have to agree with GLS on the colors being a bit too strong for my taste that's merely personal preference (most people tend to think my colors are too strong, too). A cool entry, and a really impressive piece considering it's only the second map you've posted on these forums!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123