Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mar / April '18 Lite Challenge: The Lands of Corilliant

I'm glad you like the map so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Are you meaning that little blot in the northeastern portion of the map? If so it might give the whole map a little more character if you can somehow leave at least a little hint of it and maybe a few others, especially if you are going to layer this over a parchment texture. It might really add to the hand-drawn approach.
    Yes, that's the blot I mean and also the smearing on the border. I will have to see how it turns out when the map is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    I love all the little details - the shipwreck, the tavern (at least I hope that's what the Green Pilgrim is, it reminds me of the Inn of the Last Home from the Dragonlance novels), the sea creatures. What a great map!
    Yes, the Green Pilgrim is supposed to be a tavern on a massive tree. I tried to draw houses and stairs up the tree, but my sketch wasn't very good and while inking the leafs and houses kind of blended together ...

The map is really looking great!

I really dig the style of your map Neyasha and thanks for the mention

Guild Expert

It looks awesome Neyasha, I thought the ink smear was intentional until I read otherwise, so to me it just adds character. Some people spend hours trying to make a mark like this look right and you managed to do it all by accident.

Nice work on this map, I really like it ! Both traditional and fun, and the little illustrations are a joy to see

Thanks so much for your nice comments, that's really motivating!

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    It looks awesome Neyasha, I thought the ink smear was intentional until I read otherwise, so to me it just adds character. Some people spend hours trying to make a mark like this look right and you managed to do it all by accident.
    Haha, next time I will just say it was intentional. I somehow have to think of Bob Ross now: "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents."

Very nice! The inking is great. And I love that octopus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice! The inking is great. And I love that octopus.
    Yeah it was delicious wasn't it? Deep fried and served with lemon on the side.

Errr... nothing to see here. WE DID NOT EAT YOUR OCTOPUS!

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

For someone who didn't pencil drawing for years this map is fantastic ! (perhaps It's like bicycling you don't forget it !) I love the overall style

This is progressing very nicely, Neyasha! Thanks for the river! I agree with the others on the "accident", it's all fine, and if you add a few more, it would be even better. I mean, look at Francesca's maps, for example; they are full of things like that and they look awesome.

Also, well done on the lettering, I like that it's very consistent.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast