Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm playing D&D!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    "Drink not from the streams that flow from the Black Mountains..."
    I have to third the idea of you homebrewing your own campaign, Diamond, you have a lot of personality, which is invaluable when DM/GMing. If I can throw any 2 cents your way from an active GM to help with heading a group, is to keep your story to a simple, malleable outline so the players don't feel boxed in, and to always have some form of motivation for your players to pursue, even if it is the smallest of injustices.

Glad to see others immersing themselves in roleplaying, it's truly an awesome time if you have a dedicated, level-headed (or not) group.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yeah, this was a long time coming, and it feels good. I work with kids who were literally not even born the last time I RP'd.

And thanks for the vote of confidence!

That sounds great D! Take it from someone who has been DMing for over 30 years, you have the Imagination, Worldbuilding, Creativity, Cartography and most importantly, People Skills to be a great DM.

Roll-on D ! I hope I'll find time to play again soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    That sounds great D! Take it from someone who has been DMing for over 30 years, you have the Imagination, Worldbuilding, Creativity, Cartography and most importantly, People Skills to be a great DM.
    Oh stop. You're making me blush.

Glad you are having fun, D! I knew you would

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Eilathen: I've never DMd. But if I learn the mechanics well enough, I'm hoping to build a homebrew campaign. We'll see.
    And please, if you do homebrew and worldbuild for your rpg, let us in on it! I'd love to see what you cook up (and i'd love to see the maps, of course ).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Glad to know that you finally found a group to play!
    I still play, 6-7 times per year since 30 years, and always 1st ed ad&d
    That's why I'm here btw. I drew my first maps for gaming.

@Narc: ça vaut le détour CO? j'ai la boite du pledge mais pas encore étudié le sujet

Ah, you lucky fellow
    I would not mind being in some campaign action once again.
    Been decades for me as well.

I used to have some people to play board games with, but even that was years back.
    Sigh. Just video games for me. And even that is limited. Too much work.

Congrats D on finding some fun time.

I GM a GURPS homebrew sci-fi, fantasy, post apoc conglomeration about once a year which is way to long a time to keep my rules skills up to date. I'm all set to do this online using Fantasygrounds and I have my own group of friends who are anxiously awaiting my call to arms.

I just need to do some serious adventure mapping so I'm set for the next few games....sigh, work and life tend to leave me to tired to do what needs to be done but I'm trying. Actually wanting more time was part of the equation to us moving to South America and now that we FINALLY finished getting our paperwork completed and are permanent residences, I am hopeful to get into swing on this.

I can't wait and you posting this just fires me up more to get 'er done.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Round two is tomorrow! This seems like it'll be a good timetable, at least to begin with: every other Sunday for 4-5 hours. I want to join a campaign on alternate weeks also, but everyone wants to play from like 5-10 or 6-11. Must be nice to be able to start a game right when most of us are fighting through rush hours sh!tstorms... But in the meantime, Gloom Broadbeard, the dwarf fighter with a heart of gold and an intelligence of 8 is ready to rumble tomorrow.

Anyway. My world-creating bug is back after a long absence, so I've started building a new setting from scratch that may grow up to be an actual campaign setting. No maps yet, just notes scrawled down, including some of the thoughts I posted earlier. I'll post some maps when it's time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast